PDA

View Full Version : Air India

superman_32
10th Mar 2005, 15:10
Air India Charters Limited, subsidiary of Air India Limited, invites Pilots qualified on B737-700/800/900 aircraft for a walk-in interview on every Wednesday with effect from 19th January 2005 till April 2005 between 1400 hrs & 1600 hrs. Pilots qualified may kindly walk-in with their CV and valid Licences for a personal interview at the Office of Director-Operations, Air India Ltd., Operations Training Bldg, Old Airport (Gate No.9, Near Military Camp), Mumbai 400 029.

1. Medical and flying license is required to be current.
2. Type endorsement on B737-700/800/900 is required to be current
3. Walk-in-interview scheduled on 26th Jan 05 i.e. Wednesday which is Republic day has been postponed to 27th Jan 05 i.e. Thursday. Walk-in-interviews scheduled for next week onwards shall be held on every Wednesday.

Queries, if any, will be entertained at the time of the interview"

rsoman
11th Mar 2005, 08:10
Although the interview is at Mumbai, I understand the posting is likely to be in places like Cochin, Trivandrum and Calicut! The first one is not bad, but as far the other two are conmcerned, well...they make good old Cranfield village look like the world's biggest metropolis!!!!

But the natives speak English, even with the low salary AIX I understand is planning to pay, you can still live like royalty because the living costs are very reasonable (coke for 10 pence, internet acess at 20 pence an hour, a good house for monthly rent 100-150 pounds!) etc etc.

By the way current DGCA rules mean that normally for foreigners postings will be 6 months to one year. But Air India being Indian Government's baby, may be they will change the rules, if they cant get enough local pilots???