PDA

View Full Version : Part time CC work?

Gulf_V
10th Mar 2005, 13:46
Hi all,
A question on behalf of a friend of mine. She wants to know if any UK airlines employ cabin crew on a part time basis? E.g. a certain number of fixed days a week. She has other (family) commitments, but is looking at getting into flying.
Hope you guys can help!
Gulf V

Hostessmostess
10th Mar 2005, 19:23
I used to fly part time for MYT, but its very hard to get a p/time contract.
For BA the waiting list is eyars, and most charters offer no p/t contract.

If you have no flying exp chances VERY low, best thing is to fly full time for a season and then ask to get reduced roster next time.

DELTABOY
10th Mar 2005, 23:27
I think it is easier if you have previous cabin crew experience especially supervisory experience. I worked straight off as a P/T Purser with Excel Airways for a couple of years & operated a 5 days on 9 days off rotation, flights were rostered thurs to mon with the 9 days off & you only operated on the short haul fleet.
I believe Astraeus, My Travel & Excel all offer part time to junior crew as well. I also knew a girl who used to do freelance part time with European Air Charter, but I think their only recruiting at Birmingham & Manchester at the moment.

good luck!:ok:

Jalite
11th Mar 2005, 07:15
I think most airlines with permanent contracts will require you to work full-time first and then give options on part-time. I'm on my 4th company and either I have or know someone who has has a part cum flexi contract, but they've always worked full-time initially.
I'm welcome to be proven wrong though! As previously mentioned it's probably more likely if you've previous experience as it takes a little while for the SEP & service for each airline to filter through!

myt
14th Mar 2005, 16:15
does anyone have any details of ad-hoc work at european air charter at man. and how do i contact them (I cant find a website) thanks alot.

DELTABOY
15th Mar 2005, 11:43
Best to give them a call or write to them at their head offices down at Bournemouth.

European Aviation Air Charter
European House,
Bournemouth International Airport,
Christchurch,
Dorset
BH23 6EA

Tel: 01202 581111
Fax: 01202 578333

Good Luck!:ok: