PDA

View Full Version : Who gets the money?

country calls
10th Mar 2005, 11:41
I have just spent a delightful morning out shopping with Dragon Ops (Not). To alleviate the tedium I often go into WH Smiths and read all the spotter magazines that catch my eye, but I am way too cool to buy.

In this months Flypat there is a review of a flight simulator programme for a computer, called very imaginitively 'Spitfire'. The bit that caught my eye though, was the line that says "Officially Licensed by the RAF"

Now am I right in thinking that the likes of Man Utd make an absolute killing on their officially licensed merchandise,and therefore somebody somewhere is making a smaller scale killing on letting companies use an official endorsement?

What does this money fund? AOCs curtains? Informative APs for us all and gopping rucksacks to keep them in?

If you got your hands on the proceeds what would you spend it on???

totalwar
10th Mar 2005, 12:20
Officially Licensed by the RAF what does that mean? Do the RAF hold the licence for the spitfire? Is there a Licence for the spitfire? what sort of Licence? is it the IPR ?

methinks thats just admans speak....

country calls
11th Mar 2005, 00:00
I don't think it is ad agency speak or I am sure by now somebody would have slapped a writ on the company for illegal advertising!

Mr C Hinecap
11th Mar 2005, 05:10
Judging by the fact there is the RAF Crest & the BBMF Crest on the cover of the software they have probably done this 'proper'.

Also, there was an expansion pack released that contained all the BBMF aircraft. Despite CC having so little faith in the management, I'd think that this is legit. Monies will be tracked - the bean counters will make sure of that.

Oh - I feckin hate sim software - I just know stuff about stuff.