View Full Version : Long Term Strategies

engineer(retard)
10th Mar 2005, 11:30
This may raise a few eyebrows

http://www.321energy.com/editorials/winston/winston020905.html

TurbineTooHot
10th Mar 2005, 12:13
See "The Bear and the Dragon" by Tom Clancy

That fella's like F**kin Nostradamus. "Debt of Honour" ended with a 747 piling into some US govt building, written a few years before 2001.

Does he know something...?

Turbine

Showtime100
10th Mar 2005, 14:06
This is an excellent article and is well worth the read. It hits quite a few targets and I am only surprised that a US site would publish such a piece.

Anyone who trades the markets will know that in fact China is already openly conducting Total Economic Warfare (their words)against the United States. They know they can not compete Militarily with the US and so are looking to remove their ability to wage war.

They overtook Japan last year as the worlds 2nd largest importer of Oil which is is fueling a massively expanding economy. They have a huge US Dollar surplus (from selling goods to Consumerist American markets) which they are using to buy up Natural Resource companies around the world. If memory serves me right they have already bought Canada's largest Oil & Mineral Company, several in Australia and have signed one of the worlds largest Oil Deals (70bn usd) with Iran.

So what does this mean to anyone serving?

Well by signing the deal with China and with the price of Oil having doubled in the last year Iran's economy is now relatively awash with cash. This makes the old Ayatollahs somewhat more belligerent and less interested in listening to the EU's plea-bargaining for restraint with regards to the proliferation of Nuclear technology. In fact they now have the spare cash to buy it off the Russians. This will only anger the US and increase the possibility of Military action in Iran whether by themselves or some proxy nation (see Israel).

With troops nicely positioned in Iraq (as part of a larger plan to dominate Pan Eur-Asian resources) the question is will Tony back the US on this one or decide to sit on the sidelines with the EU?

As for me I am presently selling Futures Contracts on the markets with regards to US Airstrikes on Iran by 30th June, however I will start to hedge my positions for the longer-term.

Some food for thought anyway.

P.S. Sell the Dollar!

BillHicksRules
10th Mar 2005, 14:27
TTH,

It also reads like a book called "Dragonstrike" by Humphrey Hawksley and Simon Holberton.

Well worth a read.

The article posted above should be required reading for all those in the governments of the West.

Cheers

BHR