PDA

View Full Version : JET2 - cost of the RETURN flight?

knobbygb
10th Mar 2005, 07:14
Just about to book some cheap flights - probably MAN-VCE but I noticed something odd with the prices that I haven't seen with other low cost carriers.

On the dates I want, if I book MAN-VCE-MAN in one booking, the outward flight is 5 pounds (plus tax) but the return is 60 pounds. Now, if I book a SINGLE VCE-MAN (same flight) it's only 12 euros on the same date! So I can save over 50 quid by making two single bookings as opposed to just one return trip.

My questions:

1. Am I missing somthing - perhaps in the small print that says I can't do this?
2. Is this a fair practice or are they trying to fleece unsuspecting travellers? (The same is true if you book VCE-MAN-VCE by the way - outward flight 12 euro, return 80).

As I say, the others don't seem to do this. Just wondered where I/we stand. Thanks

Final 3 Greens
10th Mar 2005, 08:43
Knobby

I'd delete your post sharpish, before someone from Jet2 sees it and closes the loophole!

zed3
10th Mar 2005, 11:12
knobbygb..... I presume you ticked 'return' for the booking , if you ticked single then your single would be at least Lstg 60, probably more .

knobbygb
10th Mar 2005, 16:36
Nah, F3G, can't see it being accidental. Think it's a deliberate ploy to get more dosh from people who don't pay attention... and they're willing to take the hit from those of us who fish around a bit.

Zed, no - thats CHEAPER booking singles - the return is 80, the two singles are 19 each! Take a look.

I'm assuming there's some daft rule about the traveller having to start their single journey in the country where the credit card billing address is, but interestingly I can't find the Jet2 Terms and Conditions of carrage anywhere on the website to check. Think I'll just go ahead and book and see what happens.

So, anybody already done this or had problems with anything similar?