PDA

View Full Version : top this

1.6vs
9th Mar 2005, 14:56
2nd sector SSH-MAN,1 elderly pax - unconcious, no pulse. MAYDAY
divert CAI. Pax taken to hospital. Crew out of hours, $150 for crew visas, no float. would not accept credit cards. Plundered a/c takings to pay. Hotac, crew and 260 pax, min rest.Next day found 'sick' pax in terminal expecting to travel. decision to refuse travel. Held hostage by authorities until retracted. Escaped from terminal after 1 hour.
Chased by gaurds across apron. Hi-jacked bus to take me to a/c.
Closed up, got push, BANG. door 1L slide gone. 'Ruptured' innards closing door. M.E.L. = 180 pax only. PA =mutiny. Back into manch' 27hrs late, What do other guys do on their Days Off?

F/O Speaking
9th Mar 2005, 15:03
Sounds like a pretty average day at work to me. :D

Nightrider
9th Mar 2005, 15:16
At least these events will spare you the refresher course in SEP if the findings are that you complied with established procedures....

Big Tudor
9th Mar 2005, 15:22
One of those days that you wished you'd stayed in bed! :p

Still say you'd have to go a long way to beat the DHL guys involved in the Baghdad missile strike. Lose most of the important bits off one wing including the engine, lose most of the means of controlling and stopping the aircraft, then when you do get it on the ground you find you've come to a halt in the middle of a mine field! :sad:

"Tech log simply read `BU66ER´".

cargo boy
9th Mar 2005, 15:28
Hmmm... Excel?(Air Atlanta?)

Maybe the price of a defib machine would have saved them the expense? :sad:

fireflybob
9th Mar 2005, 19:43
And everyone thinks the pilot's job is all on "automatic" these days!

Once said I would write a book on my flying experiences but the trouble is nobody would believe it.

GemStA
9th Mar 2005, 20:39
Cargo Boy........"Hmmm... Excel?(Air Atlanta?)

Maybe the price of a defib machine would have saved them the expense? "

Any reason as to why you think that. All the a/c I fly on with Excel have defibs....even the 757's from Air Atlanta now.

HairyYellowButt
9th Mar 2005, 23:48
ok ... we crashed!:}

broadreach
10th Mar 2005, 00:18
1.6vs

Sounds hilarious - from a few thou miles away! All the deapan blasé replies above are just cover for the chortles. You will no doubt chortle when you remember the day years from now. In the meantime my sympathies and, I'm sure, those of most others who've read your post. You were absolutely right to turn down the pax who expected to reboard.

I'd give my left one to listen to the cvr after the door slammed and the slide went kaplummff!

CaptainProp
10th Mar 2005, 08:36
Another interesting day in aviation! :O

I once took off and 10 mins into the climb we had a unsafe door warning... Strapped in the the cabin and returned for landing. No further probs during descent and landing. Shipped the pax back to terminal and got door "fixed"...microswitch replaced.
A passenger told the CC that it was his birthday and that he was quite excited over this whole thing and loved to fly!!

Got the pax back back on-board again....Took off...about 10 mins into the climb, with same controller...smoke in the entire cabin and flt deck! MAYDAY! Fire in a vent. fan bellow cargo floor... Hmm... Returned again...
Same passenger told CC that he would never fly again on his birthday!!!

:} :}

Called it a day!

Returned to the hotell and had a beer!!!!!!!:}

HairyYellowButt

You crack me up!!!!:D :D :D :p

/CP