PDA

View Full Version : Best way to un-freeze ATP

4granted
9th Mar 2005, 07:26
Sorry guys but am looking for some info. Ive been through the search but found nothing applicable.

Im a co pilot on a HS125 in Africa (a/c being South African regd) and I have a frozen JAR Atp (swiss). I have reached the min hours to un freeze, and want to know what the quickest and easiest (cost effective) way of doing this. I dont have the HS on my JAR licence.
Any advice would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

4granted.

4granted
11th Mar 2005, 08:00
Oh well
Better luck next time.

south coast
11th Mar 2005, 12:27
hello my boy....

please, please let me know when you find out how we can unfreeze this nightmare of a licence!

back in sa on the 18th, you around...?

policepilot
12th Mar 2005, 16:18
4G
PM or email me (if you still have it), and I'll see what I can do this side, if you're still attempting to unfreeze. How's life back in Kinshasa?

Jelly Doughnut
14th Mar 2005, 22:37
4Granted
as I understand it, in order to unfreeze your frozen JAR ATPL you need a multi-pilot type on your license and you also need to meet the various hour requirements (multi-crew etc)
The HS125 qualifies as a multi-pilot aeroplane, according to the list on the UK CAA website (page 276 in the pdf doc)
http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/33/LASORS.PDF
How to get the type on your license, depends on the hours you have on type -
0 hours = full type rating course necessary (JAR approved)
<500 = reduced course
>500 excepts you from most training.
Either way, you need to complete the License Skill Test Multi Pilot Aeroplane (LST-MPA) and this must be observed by a CAA examiner. The LST counts as your ATPL checkride. LST format is prescribed, the check form is also available on the above website, it gives you a good idea of what to expect during the test.
If you haven't flown much around Europe, I would get yourself some sim sessions before the test, it is very easy to slip up and the test format is not very forgiving!
Good luck:ok:

South Coast where you hanging out.... any joy in orange land?

4granted
15th Mar 2005, 05:46
Jelly Do-nut

Thanks so much for that info, finally a point in the right direction. Have been in contact with some sim training places but a lot of them dont have the facilities to do Licences, only Ratings. The other issue of course is the cost. Anybody know of a good HS125- 700 sim around.
This self sponsoring is a pain.
Thanks again.
Hey South, get outa da desert and back in da jungle mon.
policepilot, thanks as well for the emails.
Think its easier at this stage just to open a pub on the Beach, than to play this JAR game.

4g;)

Jelly Doughnut
15th Mar 2005, 07:30
4g
any type rating training organisation (TRTO) will do as long as its CAA-approved. You book the inspector separately with the CAA and he will come to the sim training place. Its an 'observed' skill test, so the TRTO's own type rating examiner actually conducts the test, and the inspector sits in the back and watches. This ensures impartiality because you won't have any contact with the inspector beforehand.
Point worth bearing in mind, under JAA (at least according to the UK CAA) all training has to be completed under one country's authority.
For approved TRTO's http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/33/SRG_FCL_APPROVEDFTOS.PDF
Stick with it, once you've got the license there are more jobs you can apply to here, than anywhere else

:ok:

4granted
15th Mar 2005, 19:20
Jelly
Thanks again.
You seem to know South Coast?
Long contract dogs we are.
Stay in touch

4g:ok:

Jelly Doughnut
15th Mar 2005, 22:03
4G
only met SC once and it was enough ;)

too many castles on a Luanda rooftop followed by a shoot-out with the friendly locals near Palos.

JD