PDA

View Full Version : CC Training, who pays for it?

Spike001
8th Mar 2005, 22:17
Just wondering who pays for Cabin Crew training, is it the airline themselves, or is it the individual?

Cheers :ok:

Hostessmostess
9th Mar 2005, 08:53
You dont pay for your training, unless you go with Ryanair!

Some airlines have bonds of around £600, like Astraeus and Easyjet bond you for £500 until a year is up I think.

OZcabincrew
9th Mar 2005, 14:45
Spike!!!

Have you thought about Qantas' London Base?

Qantas will supply training and uniforms. If you're Australian based crew and live interstate from the training facilities, Qantas will fly you to the training city and accommodate you at their expense for the duration.

Oz

Hostessmostess
9th Mar 2005, 15:10
QF have closed their recuitment for the UK now, and the training was all done at LHR (Cranebank, BA's training faciltity) so they didnt fly anywhere to train im afraid!

Spike001
9th Mar 2005, 18:11
I'm afraid Gatwick is my option for the moment, Heathrow is just a bit too far out for me, as I'm only about 30 mins from Gatwick.

I'm looking at doing an online CC diploma course before I apply.

Hopefully my general work experience, PPL and commercial simulation projects will show I'm keen getting a job in the skies as it's where I really belong.

Think positive, focused and work hard I say, and you'll get where you want to be :ok:

OZcabincrew
10th Mar 2005, 04:57
Hostess,

They wouldn't have flown the recruits anywhere in UK, as i said in the post, if you are AUSTRALIAN based crew and live interstate, they fly you to the training port and accommodate you.

Oz

flyinghigh81
10th Mar 2005, 09:12
As far as I know every airline apart from Ryanair will pay for your training and accomodation if you have to stay away from your base. A lot of airlines will have a clause in the contract that if you leave within first 6 months you have to pay back cost of training you. I think thats quite reasonable tho when you think how much it costs to train cabin crew.

Anyone offering you a job and then asking for you to pay for your training I would stay clear of!

Spike001
10th Mar 2005, 11:28
"Anyone offering you a job and then asking for you to pay for your training I would stay clear of!"

I initally asked this because I know pilots have to pay for their training, including type ratings, and I didn't know if this effected the cabin crew side of things as well.

Thanks for confirming :ok:

phoenix son
10th Mar 2005, 12:43
I initally asked this because I know pilots have to pay for their training, including type ratings, and I didn't know if this effected the cabin crew side of things as well

Spike,

Whilst unfortunately this is true with a number of airlines, this is by no means industry-wide yet, and hopefully will not become so. The job market now is saturated with young cadets with rich daddies who have paid for their type ratings in order to advance them up the ladder and get an airline job, and I'm sure any of the in-debt-up-to-the-eyeballs guys who have WORKED to get their ATPL's have a very firm view on that...

(No, I'm not a pilot, nor a wannabee, I work in a portion of aviation where I get to see what goes on at all levels in a lot of companies...)

Spike001
10th Mar 2005, 14:13
Whilst unfortunately this is true with a number of airlines, this is by no means industry-wide yet, and hopefully will not become so.

Thank god, and I hope not either! :\

Luckily I've managed to keep out of debt so far, and hopefully the whole way through my training.

Why cause unnecessary stress while trying to survive and live by having very large debts and large monthly sums going off to banks etc, doesn't seem sensible to me, but if you want to do it and willing to put yourself and family in that risk, what's to stop you...