PDA

View Full Version : Best regional airlines to apply for

JDREsquire1224
8th Mar 2005, 21:04
Hello to all...

This is my first post on PPRuNe, I have been reading for the past couple months or so though...

I was wondering if anyone can point me in a direction or post any information on their opinion about the best regional airline to apply for right now. I am mainly concerned about upgrade time, as is anyone in my position.

If anyone has a list of all the regional airline websites for requirements, could they post a link?

Any information is much appreciated..

Thanks...

Squealing Pig
8th Mar 2005, 22:30
Give us a clue what your position actually is

JDREsquire1224
9th Mar 2005, 01:07
Well I am currently hold a flight instructing position in Daytona Beach, FL & I recently graduated E-RAU. I have 700+ hours to date and multi-engine time will not be hard to come by for me at all, I should accumulate at least 200 over the next 2 or 3 months. I know the direction I want to go in, but I am not that educated on what regionals are considered "the better" ones to apply for at this point in time.

excrab
9th Mar 2005, 12:01
Are you interested in US regionals or UK regionals?

As far as the UK is concerned you can probably expect to be considered for command when you get to approximately 2000 - 2500 hours minimum, provided that you have a reasonable amount of hours with the airline in question (at least 1000 on type or similar types at the company I fly for).

However, don't forget that being in command of even a small regional turboprop isn't just about hours in the logbook. It is about being ready for the first time that it all goes wrong on a dark and stormy winters night and you look to the left for advice just to see your own reflection in the side window. There are very few things more worrying than an F/O with a newly unfrozen ATPL and 1501 hours pushing for command - the best candidates are those who have learned enough as they progress up the aviation ladder that when you ask them why they haven't bid for command despite having the hours they say "I don't think I am ready yet", because by displaying that maturity of outlook they are proving that they probably are.

Perhaps someone else can offer advice on the US regionals requirements.