PDA

View Full Version : Best FSDO for NAC?

ChocksAwayUK
8th Mar 2005, 17:55
Can anyone recommend the most convenient FSDO to get to from Naples?

I can see Miami and Fort Lauderdale are reasonably nearby, any others? Which would be the most convenient one to get to using public transport (if this is possible)?

VisaGeeza
8th Mar 2005, 19:54
Try this link;
http://www.faa.gov/avr/afs/fsdo/index.cfm?page=aso

Possibly your best bet would be to fly into one of the airports on a training flight. Best to contact NAC and see what they normally arrange. It's a sure bet that you are not the first or last person who wants the FSDO.

ChocksAwayUK
8th Mar 2005, 20:03
Thanks Geez - I have looked at that and emailed NAC (no response.. spose i'll phone).

Hadn't considered the possibility of visiting one on a training flight though. That'd kill a coupla birds with one stone so thanks for that idea.

AndyDRHuddleston
9th Mar 2005, 01:43
Hey Chocks,

I'm at NAC at the moment, and when I arranged to pay a visit to the FSDO back in November, I used the Miami FSDO. I actually arranged to fly there with an instructor, which then allowed me to do my check flight on the return!

If you decide to do this you have two options:

1. Land at the airport to the North where there are no landing fees, but a more expensive cab ride to the FAA building, or:

2. Land at Miami Intl (what an experience that was!) and pay the $35 landing/handling fee, then get a short cab ride to the FAA. 5* - would recommed you do it this way. The flight is approx 1.5 hrs each way.

All in all, I am told that both cost roughly the same, I chose to fly into Miami Intl as I thought it would look good in my logbook!

All the best anyway, may see you around here soon.

Cheers

Andy

ChocksAwayUK
10th Mar 2005, 07:51
Thanks Andy, that sound like a great idea. I reckon that's exactly what I'll do. Miami International eh? Talk about in a at the deep end!

I won't be out there till May but will keep an eye out for you in case you're still there.

Cheers all.

B2N2
10th Mar 2005, 12:37
Usually we recommend Fort Lauderdale to our customers.
The FAA office is on the airport right next to the FBO where you will park your plane.Less then a 5 min walk. If you tell the people at Fort Lauderdale Jet center that you have an appointment with the FAA they won't charge you a thing.
No parking, handling or landing fee.
Tip, fill out the 8710 form beforehand.
Cheers
:ok: