PDA

View Full Version : Should i sit out the "Great Indian Aviation Boom"?

Young_Turk
8th Mar 2005, 15:24
Im in a pvt arline in india getting my command (B737NG) in next 2 months. i am elegible for Indian Airlines as well, the govt carrier which is the Pillar of "STABILITY". they take me as P2 and give me command in 5-7 years. im in my early 20s.

Should i play ultra safe and slog total 10 years (3 already+7) as p2 in indian airlines, or ride the boom in india in the present airline as a captain( air sahara)??

i would appriciate as many indian pilots with their comments to join in the jamboree......

9Ws
8th Mar 2005, 16:32
If you're getting Command at Sahara, just take and and keep it.

You've got age on your side and probably not used to the "slow way of the IC world" either.

Stay where you are and ride the big private airline wave. Bigger things are yet to come, and if they don't happen at Sahara (for any yet unforseen reason), any other airline will grab you for their left seat with the valuable jet command-time you will have by then.

Avoid IC at this stage of your career. You'll be pulling your hair out sitting in your hostel room at CTE, Hyderabad for 6-12 months waiting to complete your 320 training... eating vada samabar and dosa with the ~Rs.7000 salary you'll get as a stipend! Don't think you're used to that lifestyle now.... are you?

Left Wing
8th Mar 2005, 17:59
Spot on 9w......
With 1000hrs PIC on NGs the world will be open to you and besides it will save you from the IC mid set and paan parag in the flt deck:mad:

Pushpak
10th Mar 2005, 00:22
Young_Turk, let me tell you the biggest mistake you would make is to turn down command ( it will be otherwise if its not important)
just get some command experience and then the world is open to you......once you have the left seat you move around in the left seat only atleast with the airlines in souteast asia and middle east....trust me talking through experience... good luck with command

Young_Turk
10th Mar 2005, 03:39
Thanx folks, thanks for all the encouragement. As all the "Jurassic" instructors/examiners in my airline still romance Indian Airlines as their first love and keep pushing everyone towards it. they should finally realise that its not the Boring '70s now. Things are much much better in indian aviation now. Private Airlines like Jet can give any IC a massive run for its (Central GOvt. funded) money!!

I feel in todays market there is place for another professional airline (ala Jet airways). And going by the little birdie, Spice Jet wants to be that. lets see wat the future has in store....