PDA

View Full Version : Time to bury the coffins??

I.R.PIRATE
8th Mar 2005, 12:25
Sounds like its time to bury these coffins....

"Jodhpur - An Indian air force MiG-21 fighter jet crashed on Tuesday in the western desert state of Rajasthan killing its pilot and injuring seven military personnel on the ground, police said.

The accident occurred just after midday when the single-engine warplane took off from Rajasthan's Naal airbase near Bikaner town but slammed into an adjacent water tower and crashed, police chief C Ponnuchamy said.

In January, another MiG-21 crashed in Naal, 250km from the main city of Jodhpur.

More than 100 Indian air force pilots have died in the past decade mainly due to crashes of the Russian made MiG jets, which are so accident-prone they have been nicknamed "flying coffins" in India."

B Sousa
8th Mar 2005, 13:18
"More than 100 Indian air force pilots have died in the past decade mainly due to crashes of the Russian made MiG jets, which are so accident-prone they have been nicknamed "flying coffins" in India." "

Might help if they sent their Pilots for flight training in Russia.......... Same thing happened when the U.S. gave Germany the F-104 Starfighter. The little stubby winged rockets were being used like Lawn Darts.

I.R.PIRATE
8th Mar 2005, 13:23
Very true, although.....if one takes a look at all the Russian prangs in Africa, and throughout the world, they are all crewed by Russians themselves...makes one wonder??

Vlamgat
9th Mar 2005, 10:42
We are Russians and we are Ok, We build Strong Aircraft!! We fly everyday all over world!! Russian aeroplane and turbine does not break. Pilots crask russian aeroplane because they do not understand Russian Instruments, They do not learn Russian Motor and systems, Thats is why other pilots die. Russion pilot only not die becase machine break. Russian Pilot die because we drink too much Vodka!!

You come to factory, see our new machines you will brown your pants!!

Indian pilot die, crash into tower, we inspect site, we find Curry Sauce in instruments and electronics, burn marks on pilot legs because of hot curry, not russian Machine problem!!

You AMerrican cannot build strong aeroplane like Russian!!

Da!!
Volschk!!

Solid Rust Twotter
9th Mar 2005, 10:52
You've been drinking Angolan lighter fluid again, haven't you?:E

I.R.PIRATE
9th Mar 2005, 12:09
Heard on the radio in Afghanistan recently.....

Alfa Hotel Yankee 35567, enter the hold overhead kabul at level 250, expect 30 min delay for the approach.

Negative, Alfa Hotel Yankee 35567, unable to comply

Roger AHY-35567, say reason....

AHY-35567 request priority descent and landing

Negative AHY-35567, we have multiple primary targets below, maintain level 250, expect 30 min delay.

AHY-35567, negative 30 min delay....only have 8 mins vodka left

:hmm:

swish266
9th Mar 2005, 13:05
MiG-21
Russian jets are only as bad as the monkey ass that flies and services them.
IAF is notorious for using aftermarket/non-approved spares for their MiG-21s. After all this workhorse has been exported to over 30 countries in the last 4 decades.
In a non-related conversation with the MiG rep in DEL 2 months ago I learned that the last (then) IAF MiG-21 crash was caused by eng fail due to non-approved engine primary fuel pump that seized...
Speaking of IAF... SSR Int Airport in Mauritius was blocked for 6 hours just before X-mas. Coz the Indian chap forgot to lower the gear of his IAF Mirage, I repeat, Mirage, after getting too excited during a flying display...:}

Gainesy
11th Mar 2005, 10:52
Most of the Indain MiG-21s were licence-built in India by Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd.