PDA

View Full Version : Rest times

mummyred
8th Mar 2005, 10:17
Can anyone tell me the BASIC (is there such a thing?) rest times before & between flights?
I'm teaching a group of 17 - 20 yr old Travel & Touism students.
Cheers!

TightSlot
8th Mar 2005, 15:16
For the UK, work on roughly 11 hours rest, beginning approx half an hour after shutdown, and ending at report time. In exceptional circumstances this may be reduced, but the associated calculations are mind-alteringly complex, so don't go there!

SPFlyer
8th Mar 2005, 16:00
mummyred,

the minimum rest requirement in the UK is 12 hours for flight deck, 11 hours for cabin crew.

if any crew operate any duty over 12 hours, the flight deck must have that amount of rest again. i.e 14 hour day requires 14 hours rest.

Again, cabin crew can have the amount of duty minus one hour. So 14 hour duty day, earns 13 hours rest.

Rest can de reduced away from base to 10 hours in a hotel, this starts getting a bit involved and is prob more info than you really need. If you want the full, offcial run-down then check out the CAA website.

Hope this helps,

SPF.

BA Boi
8th Mar 2005, 23:40
Also, many airlines operate to their own (sometimes more restrictive) Scheme. Obviously, this always incorporates CAA minimum regulations etc.