PDA

View Full Version : Gulf Air

dee123
8th Mar 2005, 09:29
Hi!!

Can anyone give me any info about Gulf Air??
What are they like as a company? Are they good to work for etc?? A friend of mine has an interview coming up with them soon, just wanted some info on them. Anything will be appreciated!!

Dee:=

Flip Flop Flyer
9th Mar 2005, 10:40
Dee,

I know a few girls flying for Gulf Air here in Bahrain, and their attitudes are as one would expect widely different. Life in the ME suits some, others not.

Your friend will get free accomodation, probably in a shared 2 bedroom apartment. Nothing posh, but not bad either. Pay is around 500-700 BHD monthly, which is a surviveable salary but not much else. Certainly not enough dosh to buy a flashy convertible. However, GF hosties do enjoy discounts all over the island - including taxis. Your friend will be flying both short and longhaul on A320/330/340, unless it's a position with Traveller in which case it's mainly runs to the subcontinent on eco-class only 767s. I've been led to belive that a basing in Bahrain is considered more attractive than Abu Dhabi.

The girls I know are all very friendly and good fun to be around, but there sure are some very snotty individuals around. I suppose always being pampered by and sought after by a large number of single guys have gotten to their heads. GF employes hosties from something approaching 50 different nationalities, and with that spread there's bound to be widely different personalites. Eastern Bloc / Asian / OZ / AUS girls are generally a fine bunch, can't say the same for US and (sorry to say it) especially UK girls. There's a lot of bitch fighting going on, but you'll find that in any large congregation of women won't you :E

Earning your trust
9th Mar 2005, 20:08
hey dee,
Gulf Air is a good company to work for....like it was said earlier if you are based in bahrain it is much more fancier cos u not only get to do the short haul flights but u get to do the international flights as well and u not only operated from the kingdom of bahrain but also from abudhabi and muscat although by the end of the day you would come back to your base which is bahrain....
with gulf traveller the GT gals are based in abudhabi and they only get to do intragulf and indian subcontinent flights on the all economy classed B767 aircraft.But if Based in Bahrain where most of the Aussie/British/indian/Greek/French/chinese/Arabs chics are you get to fly all over the world on all the aircrafts A320 A330 A 340 and also the B767 as well.......Cos the B767/763 is not only for Gulf traveller flights but for gulf air flights as well.
The accomodation is quite good....fully furnished apts and the atmosphere in Bahrain is friendly, on days off u cld always fly down to dubai to meet up with friends if u have any down there flying for ek lol......
Hope this helps
cheers
E.Y.T

dee123
10th Mar 2005, 09:23
Thanks for taking the time to reply guys!! I will certainly pass this useful info on to my friend!!

Dee x

Earning your trust
13th Mar 2005, 04:28
has anyone been invited for the gf interview thats gonna be held in london on the 19th????

EYT

FREIGHTMAN
13th Mar 2005, 08:52
Can anyone out there help with info on Qatar Airlines.

I'm attending an interview in Cape Town, South Africa.

Thanks
Jo

teamilkandone
18th Mar 2005, 19:59
If you get the chance go for it. You'll have an absolute ball. Hard work but fantastic lifestyle.

MoeZ77
20th Mar 2005, 10:09
Hey Ppl,
just wondering if any of u guys can give me some info on the GULF AIR Interviews. what the process is like?? recuirters?? are there group sessions. etc etc.... And i Guess the "type" of person they are looking for. A friend ofmine is applying and i need to give her all the info. thanks again in advance ppl
cheers
moez