PDA

View Full Version : Cabin Crew Allowances...

flystudent
7th Mar 2005, 16:37
I have a question for Cabin Crew please.

I was on a flight recently with one of the UK flag carriers. When they arrived at their destination (hotel) the flight allowances they all received (cabin & flight deck) had been changed and was significantly less than they were expecting. Apparently there has been some annual review of the allowances but not one person knew the changes had been implemented not even the Captain.

Does Allowances form part of the employment contract and should one not be informed if they are being changed or is this not the case ? By all accounts it wasn't even in the notes/notice boards (a book or something they checked before departure) etc etc at the base prior to departure, .... just thiner envelopes on arrival.

Would welcome some views on this as I thought it was a bit low of the company to not even let the staff know that would be happening.

Regards

FS

Human Factor
7th Mar 2005, 16:41
I was on a flight recently with one of the UK flag carriers.

There's only one UK flag carrier and we don't hand out allowances in envelopes. :E

flystudent
7th Mar 2005, 16:43
It said on the side of the plane "A british flag carrier" or words to that effect ;)

dillis-does-dallas
7th Mar 2005, 17:16
For gods sake Human factor get that pole out of ur ar** and get a life m8.
He only asked a simple question , theres no need to get all funny sad gits like you give the rest of us a bad name.

flyingdutchman
7th Mar 2005, 20:51
A valid question and the answer, as far as the only British flag carrier is concerned, is yes.

Dunno how things work at Virgin Atlantic though. From your account, my guess is very differently.

:)

ps: HF, remember the days when we did get little brown enveloppes ? Those were the days ;)

jettesen
9th Mar 2005, 06:22
human factors response is typical of a stuck up BA cabin crew member.

p.s if you really want to get picky, most british airlines are flag carriers. as they all have the union jack flag just before the registration on the fuselage!:8

flyingdutchman
9th Mar 2005, 09:32
Dear Jettesen,

Your post is an affront, not only to BA cabin crew, but most likely also to Human Factor, whose credentials read:

Licence Type (eg CPL. Pilots only)
ATPL_

Current a/c Type (eg B737. Pilots only)
777_

Occupation
Pilot_

I suggest you apologise to BA cabin crew forthwith.

sixmilehighclub
9th Mar 2005, 13:46
as they all have the union jack flag just before the registration on the fuselage!

I suggest you look before you leap jettesen.