PDA

View Full Version : CX Cadet PRG

Kerropi
8th Sep 2000, 20:23
G'day,

Sorry to bother you guys again (YES another question about CX Cadet program) SORRY..

My question is
I currently have 300TT, and i have FAA PPL and dutch CPL/IR with Theoretical ATPL according to JAR/FCL. I live in the Netherlands, and I am currently applying for a HK ID card since my parents are born in Hong Kong.

Will it be an advantage for me to already have flying experience, and have those license, or will CX recruit only people with zero flying experience.

THANX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

moon_towers
9th Sep 2000, 08:16
Kerropi,

Regarding your questions,I believe that
you must be a HK citizen(China),not cause
of your Parents were born here.
Maybe additional infos from others will help.
Cheers.

xcheck
9th Sep 2000, 08:23
CX accept people have previous flying experience to join their cadet program, there are a few local officers who held PPL before they went for training. However, are you going to give up your Dutch Nationality for a HK ID card?

sigma
11th Sep 2000, 21:11
Keropi,

I have Dutch nationality and HK permanent ID card.
I think having a CPL means you are over qualified for cadet position

xcheck
11th Sep 2000, 21:27
FYI. Under the British system, you are allowed to have dual Nationalities, unfortunately this is not the case anymore after the changeover. With a Dutch CPL and if you are accepted by CX, it merely means that you are a step ahead compare to the cadets start from Zero hour. Most of the CX S/O joined the company with a couple of thousand hours.

halfhardt-6
15th Sep 2000, 10:23
kerropi,
I lived in H.K for 10 years when I was younger and held a H.K I.D card previously as well as having parents with permanent residency there. I applied to the CX cadet program with an Australian PPL thinking that I stood a reasonable chance.
CX were fantastic and responded very quickly to my application, but as I had been living outside H.K for some time (during 1997) I was not entiltled to permanent residency, which is something they definately require, Bummer! But try anyway and good luck.