PDA

View Full Version : Food for thought....

I.R.PIRATE
7th Mar 2005, 06:19
" South African Airways has announced a series of cost-cutting measures, including levying "appropriate charges" for no-shows and cutting out some in-flight meals.

Internally, the airline intends to crack down on overseas trips by staff, and on the number of laptops and colour printers they are using.

SAA would review its meals policy on short domestic flights and consider eliminating prepared meals for economy class.

It would also work with air traffic control in a bid to land aircraft closer to terminals during off-peak times.

The IT department would conduct an audit of all laptops. Managers would have to motivate their need for the devices, and a stringent policy would be applied.

The department had also been asked to significantly reduce the number of colour printers, to connect managers to central printers, and to review the need for desk top printers.

At the same time Ngqula appealed to SAA staff to raise standards to ensure that "we fill up our planes with satisfied and loyal customers".

HEE HEE HEE, have you ever heard of such utter misguided ranting, and totally confused thinking???? Thats right Khaya, take their food away, and see if they're satisfied and loyal customers, paying SAA ticket prices, and getting that good 'ol SAA service, hell, Im sure the only loyal and satisfied customers in the back will be the hosties, cause no passengers means no " wek ", what a bargain.

You go guys....Love seeing my flag carrier showing off its WISDOM!! :ok:

farmpilot
7th Mar 2005, 10:41
If some of the other airlines carried firearms I'd move in a heart beat, SAA really are getting bad......

Rhodie
7th Mar 2005, 11:47
What a joke...!!

Just a question:

SAA would review its meals policy on short domestic flights and consider eliminating prepared meals for economy class.

have you seen what they serve up as an excuse for a meal on domestic hops..?? :yuk:
No loss there...

As for the rest of the comment - well, misguided sums it up... :confused:

R

B Sousa
7th Mar 2005, 14:14
"It would also work with air traffic control in a bid to land aircraft closer to terminals during off-peak times."

Whats the matter with that. Drop it in right on the taxiway and screech into the closest gate before anyone else gets there........