PDA

View Full Version : Dispatch

CHOCKHEAD22
6th Mar 2005, 17:48
HI THERE FIRST TIME ON HERE
IAM ABOUT TO LEAVE THE ROYAL NAVY IN A FEW MONTHS TIME
AND REALLY WANT TO GET IN TO DISPATCH.IVE BEEN LOOKING AT AVTECH2000 AND THERE AIRLINE OPS AND DISPATCH COURSE
HAS ANYONE DONE THIS COURSE OR DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY OTHER IDEAS/DIRECTIONS I SHOULD TAKE TO SECURE A CAREER IN DISPATCH

P.S IF THERE IS ANYONE WHO WORK WITHIN THE DISPATCH DEPARTMENT AT BRISTOL?ANY CHANCE OF DOING SOME WORK PLACEMENT????

no sig
6th Mar 2005, 19:32
Chockhead22,

If you're going into ramp dispatch then you'll certainly benefit from doing the AVTECH course, if you're going into flight dispatch or Operations then there is a new training standard (since last September) which is to ICAO Flight Dispatcher/Operations Officer Training Syllabus doc. 7192 D3, you can read all about that on this forum by doing a search. Check with AVTECH, maybe they have upgraded the course to meet this new standard since I was last involved with it.

Good luck.

CHOCKHEAD22
6th Mar 2005, 19:49
thanks for the advice

FireFoxDown
20th Mar 2005, 12:57
No Sig,

Could you kindly point mein the direction of the ICAO 7192 Dispatch/Ops document? Ive tried searching but have, unfortunately, had no luck.

Thanks.

FFD :ok:

no sig
20th Mar 2005, 13:15
Fire Fox Down

It's ICAO doc. 7193 D3 Flight Dispatcher/Flight Operations Officer Training. I would try to order it through the usual channels. I see you're in DUB, I'd call the IAA and ask were you can order ICAO documents in Ireland. I've not found it on the web as a complete document, I ordered it through the UK pub's service, see the CAA website for that.

FireFoxDown
20th Mar 2005, 14:11
Ok Sig, thanks - ill look into it!

FireFoxDown :ok: