PDA

View Full Version : F/O Ryanair recruitment

Cleared ILS approach
6th Mar 2005, 15:52
Dear all,

I just saw on the FR website when you click on Pilot Recruitment that you have to choose between 3 categories : no JAR25 expereience, 1000h JAR25, T/R B737. I understood that the 2 last categories are interviewed directly by FR and not by the TRTO like for the no JAR25 experience pilots. Could somebody please give as much infos as possible about the main differences between a no JAR25 experience contract and a 1000h JAR25 experience contract. It sounds like you only get a 6 months contract if you are non-JAR25 experienced and a long term contract if you are. Is there a difference between the two categories about the price of the Type Rating Course? Also, what are the differences about Terms and Endearment.

Thanks a lot for your replies.

Regards

FlyingIrishman
6th Mar 2005, 19:02
If you are an experienced F/O with the required amount of JAR25 time you will initially be employed on a contract basis by Brookfield Aviation to fly for Ryanair and waiting for a permanent Ryanair contract can take any time from 6 months to a few years depending on their demand for F/O's. The Brookfield contract is based on a rate per block hour but there is no fixed element to your salary.

If you get employed as a cadet with no JAR25 experience you receive a training contract until you've passed your first line check and are usually assigned a base (permanent contract) within 6 months of starting line training, and progress up the FR payscales which can be pitifully little at the start.

The differences in contract depend entirely on your flying experience and it's hard to make a direct comparison. There is no difference in type rating prices as far as I know.

Hope this helps.

jamestkirk
8th Mar 2005, 15:05
From one flying Irishman to another.

I get the impression you work for Ryanair.

Can you confirm that Ryanair are using just CAE for low hour self sponsored TR'ings.

I have made numerous applications but get nothing in reply. Maybe, they are trying to subtley tell me something.

If you know and can comment, thanks.

JTK

Addy
8th Mar 2005, 20:58
JTK: maybe you don't get a reply because you're probably not exactly the next in line...over a thousand people waiting for CAE I believe....