17th Jul 2000, 12:54
GREAT NEWS

AT FARNBOROUGH CATHAY PACIFIC WILL ORDER 12 A340-500S AND 6 A340-600S

NO A3XX FOR NOW

ALSO COMING TO A DEAL FOR 12 777-300S

DAN

geh065
17th Jul 2000, 15:32
This many? Hard to believe we would make an order of that size and not the traditional "a small order here and a small order there".

Interesting news if true. Can anyone back this up?

Mr Nice guy
18th Jul 2000, 10:51
Cool!!, but is it really true?

water check
18th Jul 2000, 11:21
Guys...get real...! Don't get all 'starry eyed' by the chimera of new aircraft orders. What value is there in flying a new aircraft when the pay and benefits associated with the career involved are crap...? This is typical of airline management; when the natives become restless, fob them off with 'shiny baubles'....! Don't let them buy you off so cheaply.

MaxThrust
18th Jul 2000, 11:54
I totaly agree watercheck.
I have had my command put 4 years futher away at than what I could have reasonably expected when I join. I would be happy to have it delayed another year if it meant a fair and equitable contract with EFP.
We know and so does the company that EFP will solve most of there crewing problems.
They are just two gready to give up the money.
For get new aircraft lets go for a good contract first. A better deal for everyone one.

Thrust
18th Jul 2000, 17:31
Any orders, rumour or not, are good news. More power to the people so to speak! The more pressure on management the better.

As to EFP, yes we need a workable system and many of our gripes will be addressed, but, without an industry standard award for leave, DT travel, sim time, and any other time spent on Co. business the payment of EFP is incidental. Don't lose sight of the big picture. EFP is only part of it.

BUSDRVR
19th Jul 2000, 14:00
The Shareholders and finance companies need a stable workforce before they put that many million / billion dollars on the table to get more iron on the ramp. That is why the AOA needs to know the number of aircraft the company wants / needs. The more Iron, the more power we have, the company will not disclose that information until the rostering practices are sorted. They want them to be sorted soon so they can announce the "BIG ORDER" all falls into plan like last summer when they wanted the pay cuts prior to disclosing the interim earnings.

CCA
27th Jul 2000, 20:36
Looks like CX missed the boat AGAIN !

FARNBOROUGH, England, July 27 /PRNewswire/ -- Led by strong interest in its new Longer-Range 777 models, Boeing (NYSE: BA - news) and its airline customers wrapped up sales announcements at Farnborough International 2000 earlier today with cumulative order activity for 139 airplanes totaling $15 billion. When options and purchase rights are included, total activity rises to 208 airplanes valued at $20.7 billion.

HardRock
28th Jul 2000, 07:04
Sorry Dan...

Hypersonic
23rd Aug 2000, 12:09
Geoff Thomas reports in the West Australian on 16-Aug-00 that CPA is close to a deal for 18 A340s and 12 777-300s.

BusyB
24th Aug 2000, 01:32
Don't forget 6 744F's

akerosid
18th Sep 2000, 19:44
Any developments on this one yet? Surely it's long overdue by now. Is the delay due to continuing negotiations on the 3XX? Can we expect an order before the end of the year, or will they wait until Paris, next June?

jtr
18th Sep 2000, 21:08
Just read in Aerospace whatever weekly the other day (not reading on the flight deck though) That James two dads HH said CX don`t want to place any new orders till `margins improve`

Could probably start with Aircrew salaries I reckon.

waiting... waiting...

[This message has been edited by jtr (edited 19 September 2000).]

BusyB
20th Sep 2000, 02:59
At the business brief DT stated that the fuel prices were hitting other carriers such that we have postponed big order to see if we can do better from lapsed options etc. Arthur Daley Rules OK!!!