PDA

View Full Version : Singapore Performance A

greenflyer
6th Mar 2005, 14:39
Can anyone advise on the availability of study material for the performance A exam? Is it perhaps the same as the UK exam? I have a Canadian ATP and I am required to write the Performance A exam before taking up a position in Singapore.

Many thanks

Limpeh
6th Mar 2005, 17:41
Hi,

The Singapore (or rather, CAAS) Performance A paper is based on the CAA CAP 385. You can purchase the CAP 385 from the CAA website. I do not know if it is the same as the UK paper, but the CAAS paper has 20 questions, of which about 4-5 questions would be based on theory, while the rest are problems where you'll have to use the charts to obtain the answer. You'll be provided with the CAP 385 during the exam, so you do not have to bring your own.

Hope this helps.

greenflyer
7th Mar 2005, 13:17
Hello:

Thanks very much for your help. Do you know if there is any study material besides the CAP 385? Things like sample problems etc etc might be very useful.

Limpeh
7th Mar 2005, 18:30
Hi,

Sorry, I don't know any other study material that's available outside. All the stuff I had was in-house.

But there was a very old textbook that was circulating when I took it, seems it's from UK, perhaps you can ask around from the UK guys about this text.