View Full Version : Malaysia Airlines F50 jobs

Rickenbacker
6th Mar 2005, 12:03
Malaysia Airlines recently advertised in Flight International for F50 F/Os. I'm chasing some info on the F50 operations...eg, routes, pay, progression etc.

I remember seeing last year an announcement that the F50's were being sold, and the company was looking to replace them with regional jets by the middle of this year!? What's the deal?

Thanks in advance!

Rickenbacker

Che Xindamail
7th Mar 2005, 09:25
F50 flies only domestic in East Malaysia (Borneo). Bases are Kuching in Sarawak or Kota Kinabalu in Sabah. You fly to all the small towns and have around 8 destinations.

Short sectors, beautiful scenery and lots of visual flying.

Kuching is a very tidy, landlocked midsize city, whereas Kota Kinabalu is a bit charmless, but right by the sea in beautiful surroundings. If you want quiet family life go to Kuching. If you are single and want more action go to Kota Kinabalu.

Just remembered seeing an article about the fleet replacement in Saturdays local paper. Bombardier has offered the Dash 8 or regional jet, or a combination of both, to replace the F50.

FredPhil
9th Mar 2005, 13:04
I am looking at applying for a F50 command position and was wondering if anyone could fill me in on salary (malaysian ringit OK) for these expat positions that are being offered.

thanks in advance. (any other relevant conditions ie holidays, per diem etc, etc)

I know there are alot of negative comments about MAS but would appreciate more the facts than personal grievances please.

(ps: also any info on tax rates in Malaysia)

Lorry_Driver
13th Mar 2005, 02:00
RB,
For F/O's, required criteria is 500 hours of MAS recognised experience and a salary of RM4,787-7601/= for locals, expat i have no idea and they pay housing allowance too.

Fred,
For Captains they want 4,000 total and 1,200 hours cmd on equivalent type or greater and a salary of RM7,303-14,293/= for locals and again no idea for expats.

A/C replacements will be Embraer 170's by the end of this year and to be completed by end of next year, god knows where they're gonna get the pilots???

EY777
13th Mar 2005, 03:53
A/C replacements will be Embraer 170's by the end of this year and to be completed by end of next year, god knows where they're gonna get the pilots??

The F50 replacements have not been announced yet, but I think you guys will get the drift now.This is a temporary job, the natives will get the plum new job of converting to new a/c (rightfully so), & leave the crumbs to the expats.Upgrades are unlikely as it will leave a bad taste on the natives......legally & politically (figure that one out!).

Follow this link for more info......

Masmanagement Sucks! (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?threadid=166713)

FredPhil
13th Mar 2005, 14:23
Lorry_driver. thanks.

could you send a private message with a contact as I am after some other details.
thanks in advance.

sedna
30th Jul 2005, 07:03
hi,

Regarding the F50 fleet, Just how long would it take for a MAS cadet pilot to be upgraded to the 737 fleet?assuming that he/she is being posted to KK or Kuching?

satumare
1st Aug 2005, 08:18
Join the queue in the Seniority List then do well in your base checks,when there is opening in B737, bid for it,mate. It can be 9 months to 4 yrs... depends on the co reqmt.

Sultan Ismail
1st Aug 2005, 16:34
Malaysian Tax

You can visit the tax office on line at www.hasilnet.org.my

As a guide the tax paid per annum by an F/O on lowest rate will be 4,889 Ringgits, the tax paid by the Captain on top rate will be 33,784 Ringgits. That is using the salary figures given by Lorry_Driver.

confirm-finals?
11th Aug 2005, 05:25
When is the next round of interviews? And how long is the sim training in Subang?

CAPTAIN WOOBLAH
13th Aug 2005, 10:53
Satumare, MAS does not practice a bidding system.

MAS cadets generally go direct 737

F-50 KCH or BKI is a great job. Good flying, good people and great fun on days off. Sailing in BKI, fishing, crabbing or just laying in bed with a beautiful East Malaysian Goddess.

As for the pay I have lost touch but I would assume the expat pay should be livable. But the job, well its too easy.

As for promotion ect. As an expat you aint going anwhere so accept it, enjoy the girls have a few cold beers and when the time is right move on to another job.

Cheers,

Wooblah.

longlatif
13th Aug 2005, 15:35
Is it true they bumped up the FO salary on Fokker to be the same as B737 FO crew?

I better be careful what I say, this place is crawling with people trying to identify me...:suspect:

It wasn't me....it was the one arm man! ;)

CAT IIIB
14th Aug 2005, 00:18
From what I know the basic pay and the productivity pay is the same.The meal + night stop allowance will make the difference.

satumare
14th Aug 2005, 10:36
Captain Wooblah,

MAS do practise Bidding via the ICMS.

MAS cadets are streamed to B737/F50 on the recommendation of MFA, depending on performance at flying school. Of course more are posted to B737

Anyway those cadets streamed to F50 as at Nov 2003 are now doing their B737 course(joining their batchboys already on B737)

longlatif
15th Aug 2005, 05:20
Not hard to soar like an eagle at MFA when you are surrounded by turkeys....

confirm-finals?
15th Aug 2005, 15:03
Is it true MAS not looking for anymore Fokker FO's as they are over-crewed at present?

Plus how much is the bond and how many years?