PDA

View Full Version : VirginBlue Charter to Malaysia

fence_post
6th Mar 2005, 01:01
Understand VirginBlue are doing a charter to Malaysia (Butterworth or Penang) today. Is it a Government charter? Just thought it may be after the word "Butterworth" (military base)was mentioned. If so, are the Government now spreading their charters amongst Qantas, NJS and Virgin? Maybe Jetstar will even get a look in. It would be good if this is the case, as it keeps everyone in business.

Sunrise
6th Mar 2005, 03:28
Qantas had a flight to Penang over the weekend, apparently to pick up tsunami relief workers. I would guess that Virgin were up there for a similar reason.

Chocks Away
6th Mar 2005, 05:32
Yep, QF B767 was up here late this week out of Peneng. Pacific Blue B737 also in (DJ no International AoC)... taking Defence personel back home as Aussie Tsunami relief has begun pulling out.:ok:
Normal Tender process applies for all these flights.

The Voice
6th Mar 2005, 06:10
are the Government now spreading their charters amongst Qantas, NJS and Virgin? Yes, and other companies as well ...

Chocks Away
7th Mar 2005, 08:50
Pacific Blue 737 into Butterworth again today for more back home.

Continental-520
7th Mar 2005, 10:52
Saw a Pacific Blue B737 on the military side of Darwin's apron today, parked near or in a hangar.

Any info? Maintenance perhaps or was it part of some charter they had happening?

Bugsmasha
7th Mar 2005, 20:51
Chocks, was it an Australian registered Pacific Blue aircraft that you saw, or was it NZ registered?

Chocks Away
8th Mar 2005, 11:57
Aussie registered Pacific Blue, again through Butterworth this morning, chockers on departure.

The Enema Bandit
9th Mar 2005, 02:14
Was it management pilots doing the flying?

fence_post
9th Mar 2005, 03:44
My source tells me that they were line pilots. Two ex-RAAF pilots crewed one aircraft!

30/30 Green Light
9th Mar 2005, 05:23
Chocks,the Pac Blue aircraft in Butterworth was Aussie registered and is on the Virgin Blue AOC,not the Pac Blue AOC.Aircraft has recently been returned to Aust.I understood that for International Tsunami relief flights international AOC issues were waived.

Cheers

Chocks Away
10th Mar 2005, 08:40
Copied that :ok: