PDA

View Full Version : Federal Air to be sold?

Teignmouth
5th Mar 2005, 15:28
Rumour has it that Federal Air is up for sale.

Anyone able to confirm that? What's the story behind it?

south coast
6th Mar 2005, 08:14
do i hear R100?

B1300
6th Mar 2005, 13:03
check your pvtmsg south coast

Smokeyengine
7th Mar 2005, 04:43
I say bin them, don't even auction them off. Just toss them off the side of a cliff. 6 months from now people will be saying "federal who? what did they do?"

Bunch of (don't know honest i can be on here) :*

farmpilot
7th Mar 2005, 06:25
Every time I use them for charter they were very good......

fastfly
7th Mar 2005, 12:04
hey somkeyengine
just for your info, they are not being auction off and what do you know about federal air anyway, probably nothing. so before you make any coments like that again, get your facts right! what have you got against them anyway. i think they're a great company!!

Fliterisk
8th Mar 2005, 05:05
Smokeyengine touched a nerve with Fastfly.... seems Fastfly works for Federal Air. Come on Fastfly, give us some of the inside info.... when are you being sold/"tossed" as Smokeyengine says/ "disbanded"/ or even "having your playing field levelled"... LOL???

8th Mar 2005, 07:27
just for your info, they are not being auction off

Fliterisk. There's your answer right there.

You seem to think its hilarious that a company might be sold or levelled! What does levelled or disbanded mean? People losing jobs? Finding themselves out of a livelyhood and on the street? LOL, you are right, that is funny!!!
:sad:

fastfly
8th Mar 2005, 10:16
well i know that they not being auctioned off and they're not going down. i don't work for them but i know most of the guys there. like i said, i think they're a solid company.

Smokeyengine
8th Mar 2005, 12:03
Sorry, then your friends are not telling you the truth. I have heard (and it is very reliable) that they will be selling. Sorry if I seem to have upset anyone :sad:

FlyingCarpet
9th Mar 2005, 07:51
there is a diff between being SOLD and being AUCTIONED off. i heard a remour from a VERY reliable source that SAA's interested in Federal Air, and already made an offer. looks to me like Federal Air is going up up up all the way!!!

Fliterisk
10th Mar 2005, 04:01
I also didnt mean to offend anyone here. I commented with a LOL simply because of the deffensiveness of the post. On the contrary in fact, if you look at my comments on Rossair, I am extremely concerned if yet another aviation co. does come short. I have a big interest in the inductry in SA and globally.

I just think that when most of the comments on rumours of this naure occure we should not look at it as blaming someone but find out if there is any merit. Come on... lets not get deffensive here! My sincerest apology if I too offended anyone, it was not my intention and I sincerely hope that there is no truth in the rumour!
:uhoh: :uhoh:

Sandiron
10th Mar 2005, 17:43
My understanding is, there is nothing sinister about Federal Air being put on the market.

The company is owned by Greg McCurrach's widow, who inherited the company when Greg died in his Spitfire in UK a few years back.

It appears that she has got to the point where she wishes to move on in her own life, and pass the company into new hands.

You certainly cannot blame her for wishing to close the book on what must have been a very sad period in her, and her family's, life.

So, Federal Air will continue to prosper and grow, a fitting tribute to the man who started the company.

RIP Greg.

policepilot
12th Mar 2005, 08:08
Having had the rug pulled out from under me before, I feel for any pilot dicovering his outfit is going downhill. Not the case for the Feds, so perhaps Fliterisk and smokeyengine can try and word their comments better.
Anyone passing through the Fedair office in Jo'burg can't fail to be impressed. Looks like an outfit on the up.

TooBadSoSad
12th Mar 2005, 20:18
If this company is for sale, who is the majority or sole owner. Anyone have a phone number for the owner please? Email [email protected]

Fliterisk
14th Mar 2005, 04:20
Policepilot - see my pervious post re: apology.