PDA

View Full Version : PrecisionAir TZ flight crew wanted?

Renaissance
5th Mar 2005, 09:56
I saw a precision air ad in a Tanzanian daily. They were looking for 7 F/Os. Requirements were CPL only. Does anyone know anymore about this? Which fleet the requirement is on etc....

406, I was counting on you to start this one, but oh we.....

406pilot
6th Mar 2005, 06:45
hey mr.rennaissance karibu sana kwa pprune....noe before i give any comments id like to know wht kinda guy/gal ur....cause there are two category of people on pprune...

1.the guys like myself.shenzi.pete77,juliette papa and mo' who like to express our opinions widely on pprune for the better benefit of fellow aviators

2.these are all the rest of the guys who quitely read the columns on pprune and chuckle and chirp abt it...

which one are you? or if im guessing correctly u had to wait till u were out of tz to make urself known to pprune(correct me if im wrong ej20TT?)

Almost off track huh?sawasawa well lets get back to the precision f.a.q:

as the gravewine goes a few of L-410 f/o have recently left the company for various reasons including better pay,or better working conditions...i know of one guy who left without even having a job lined up he told me he just had enough of this mickey mouse airline,sounds like fun?well there's more to that...i know for sure that they dont put u on their flagship ATR unless u are either rated on it or u have spent a gud amount of hours on the Late410 he he i meant let410 whts the difference its always late thn a 406 anyways...

oh and b4 i sign out here i know for sure that each and every f/o on the let has applied at air tanzania vacansy and may be thats the reason precision air are fearing the sudden loss of s(crew)

keep it up there fellows,

no more 406pilot

'

Renaissance
6th Mar 2005, 11:48
Well I never.....

I am just a "new" pruner who might be interested in working in Tanzania. I actually have posted before, but generally too busy with my flight training to visit this forum enough.

Whats with the ej20TT crap?

406, You seem like a pretty well rounded guy on this forum, so I thought I'd seek your advice.

Thanks anyway Amigo. I may have a gig flying some turboprops in east Africa, so I may not need to apply for a late410 job, although it would be a major step up from the cessna and beechcraft I have flown. Of course ATR would be even better. I don't have the qualifications though.....

petesevenseven
6th Mar 2005, 12:01
Renaissance,

As a former employee of Precision Air, Id have to agree with each and everything that Mr. P AKA 406 pilot has just said!!!!!

Precision Air has excellent potential unfortunately it is still being run by people with very small and uneducated minds, which has inturn lead to a mass exudus of some pretty key senior staff.

They are Essentially Looking for ATR42/72 Rated pilots with CPL's because if you were to have an ATPL it would mean that you are potentially a Candidate for an Upgrade which is a Big NO NO, if you are not a Chagga!!! Because the Chagga's are the only ones that truelly know how to Fly and the rest are Useless!!!!! Did you know that it was a Chagga that piloted the first Space Shuttle!!!! Forgive my sarcasm!!!! But unfortunately that is the way it is at Precision.

What I would have to say is this, as a forigner if you were to join them they do look after you very well by tanzanian standards just as long as you serve your purpose albeit as a Co-Pilot DO NOT think for one second if you join them with all the right credentials as a Co-Pilot you will be Upgraded!!!! IT DOESN'T HAPPEN AT PRECISION!!!! However if you are looking for a meal ticket and to build some Co-Pilot time fast then they are really the way to go.

Things will eventually change at Precision Air once KQ realises who the real Culprits are that are causing all the Grief up at the top, and once they are dealt with swiftly I believe that we will have something that might just resemble a proper airline in Tanzania.

I sincerely hope that helps.

Hey 406 I'm back in Cyprus!!!! Enjoying what is left of my winter!!!!!

cpt hamna sheeda
7th Mar 2005, 06:42
I've been told that Chuck Yeager and Steve Fosset are Chagga too....

Renaissance
7th Mar 2005, 07:28
Thanks Pete, Thanks 406

If the pay is alright they might not be such a bad outfit to sit at until you find something better. Live in Africa, Fly as a co-pilot, make some money, enjoy the wildlife..... doesn't sound like a bad proposition........ Chagga or not

406pilot
7th Mar 2005, 08:27
sawasawa pete have started on your "jaa"atpl?

sorry rennaissance i made a mistake on ur identity but its all good fun...i guess most aftrican airline are alike sio?

keep it up there fellows,

no more 406pilot

Beeech19
7th Mar 2005, 17:45
I have to agree with 406 and the boy's, i applied and offered to pay for my own type rating and had no response. Is it because i have ATP lisences and experienced??? who knows, looks like an all too familiar situation up there....

:ok: