PDA

View Full Version : LAN Airlines' 2004 Report

Panama Jack
4th Mar 2005, 06:39
Nice to see that they are doing well:

Press Release Source: LAN Airlines S.A.

LAN Airlines Reports Record Net Income of US$47.6 Million for the Fourth Quarter and US$163.6 Million for the Full Year 2004
Thursday March 3, 9:55 am ET

SANTIAGO, Chile--(BUSINESS WIRE)--March 3, 2005--LAN Airlines S.A., ("LAN" or "the Company"; Santiago Stock Exchange: LAN / NYSE: LFL) one of Latin America's leading passenger and cargo airlines, reported today its consolidated audited financial results for the fourth quarter and full-year ended December 31, 2004. All figures were prepared in accordance with generally-accepted accounting principles in Chile and are expressed in U.S dollars.

Link to Full Article (http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/050303/35433_1.html)

cocolo
4th Mar 2005, 11:39
tell me about it!

Lan Peru(Lan Chile subsiduary for Peru) is by far the first operator in Lima, way ahead of peruvian national flag TANS PERU.

I dont know how many A/C they based but They have 4 A320 all the time on tarmac + B767 and I can hear them all day long on the frequency, as they are serving the same cities we are in Peru.

Lan have actually erased the word "Peru" or "Chile" on their aircrafts so they can operate in both countries (as those guys are very nationalist).

altiplano
19th Mar 2005, 18:29
A little off topic but maybe you guys might know the answer...

What is required to work for a Chilean operator? For example LANChile? Do I need to convert my license (Canadian)?

Any idea what the pay at LANChile is like?

Panama Jack
20th Mar 2005, 01:30
The published requirements for LanChile are elusive, at least on this Forum.

A few years ago (late 1990's) we had a regular poster on this forum. His name was Stuka, and from all I've gathered he was a pilot at LanChile. His descriptions of LanChile were both optimistic but candid, he seemed pretty happy-- yes, LanChile supposedly hired Spanish-speaking foreign pilots but he was honest about the third-worldish benefits. In September 2001 LanChile underwent a labor problems between the company and the union representing the pilots. If you type in "Stuka" under the name of the Author in the search session, those posts, dated 2001, are still available here on PPRuNe. From what I've heard, Stuka is no longer at LAN.

Fast forward to the year 2005. I had a Mexican airline pilot friend spend a week in Chile on vacation. He also tried to learn more about LAN's requirements and their future hiring plans. At the end of his vacation, the only thing that he was able to acertain was, "Tengo entendido que contratan pilotos foraneos, pero nomas para saber."

If you find out anything, please feel free to post it on this Forum (I say this knowing it's about as pointless as asking a talented magician to show the secrets of his tricks."

altiplano
20th Mar 2005, 04:33
Panama Jack -

Thanks for the info I'll snoop a bit and see what I can find...

Lite
24th Mar 2005, 18:49
Two quick points;

1)Is LanExpress the low-cost airline from the LAN Group? If so how is that company doing, and do you think no-frills airlines in South America pose a major threat to LAN?

2) Is it true that LAN are launching LHR shortly?