View Full Version : Moderator???

Diamond MPO Member
1st Feb 2002, 21:59
Moderator, would you kindly explain why you closed the topic entitled Pilot took his life?

Considering this is openly speculated on in the newspapers (SCMP) with the full article printed in a similar topic, not to mention three other English papers circulating similar stories. I was quite interested to have more information about this sad incident.

Are we becoming a communist run site? Is it any wonder so many who visited here aren't frequenting your board any more. What's the point of having the rules printed on your board when you don't enforce them yourself, pathetic!

Whiskery
2nd Feb 2002, 04:25
I'm no moderator but IMHO the topic was vague and incomplete, therefore the padlock.

There is another topic on the same subject still running on this forum. If you have anything of value to contribute to this sad tale, why don't you add it there ?

My deepest sympathy to the young man's family & friends.

[ 02 February 2002: Message edited by: Whiskery ]</p>

Flybygirl
2nd Feb 2002, 07:08
Whiskery that is fair enough but the other topic is no less vague as it starts off with an article obviousley cut and pasted from the online newspaper report.

I believe Diamond member makes a good point about selective moderating, I thought this sort of thing wasn't allowed (cut & paste/copyright)?

The moderator should at least explain why the topic is closed as coutesy, I notice the topic was started first?

Questionable judgement and poor management of this thread, have some respect for the people who come here please Mods.