PDA

View Full Version : 737 pilots

737oli
3rd Mar 2005, 15:45
Hello,

We see for the moment a lot of opportunities for pilots with minimum 500 hrs on the 737. I'm wondering if on the job market there is still a lot of pilots with this experience, I mean I understand that a lot of pilots are moving from a company to an other with better salary, advantages, roster... but who fill the free places?

Is this so expensive for a company to do a line training with unexperienced 737 pilots?

Thank you for your answers.

flycold
13th Mar 2005, 15:46
sorry to 737oli that this is not for the answer.

But, I have the exactly same question.

Is there any oppotunities for less than 500hour experienced 737 pilots?

Regards
flycold:ok:

A Very Civil Pilot
13th Mar 2005, 18:31
I got my 737 rating paid for due to career progression within my company, but was then made redundant with 150 hours on type. It took a while but I was hired a bit later. (I now have close to 1000 hours on type)

I believe that it helped that I had previous airline experience, and was available to relocate when the job was offered.

POL.777
13th Mar 2005, 20:40
Guess we are quite a few low houred 737 rated fellas looking for that first jet job... Hopefully there will be an opening for all of us soon!
Best of luck to all of us.:)

alterego
18th Mar 2005, 15:04
Most of the Locos are recruiting 737 types in the UK.

BMI Baby are taking low hours guys, I think JET2 are as well. Do your homework on the company first as some are still charging for training.

M.85
26th Mar 2005, 12:34
come on guys ....sky europe is hiring..if you leave after 6 months ill make sure to quick your butt!!

M.85

An2
29th Mar 2005, 07:45
SkyEurope is only taking on guys/girls with time on type.

If you don't have, at least, 300hrs on type you're not interesting.

That's what I've been told when I've been in contact with different companys.

lasloflyer
30th Mar 2005, 13:39
Apparently there may be an opportunity to join Ryanair if you have some solid 73 experience but less than 500 hours. Know two guys with less who are in the process .

Guy to talk to is Alan Sweeney who is Head of Pilot Recruitment with Ryanair. Don't have a number of him but think you can apply online.

M.85
10th Apr 2005, 13:28
AN2,Bull****.
I work there,believe me.A type is the only requirement.

Especially next month since i go on the left seat:-)

M.85

An2
10th Apr 2005, 23:36
According Ms Vargova, they're not really interested if you don't have time on type. = No bull****!

I'm 737CL rated and had a friend working in the company up until very recently, who really worked on getting me in. Still it was a no-go!

Congrats on the left-seat!:ok:

One Step Beyond
11th Apr 2005, 13:48
some solid 73 experience but less than 500 hours

Less than 500 hours is far from "solid experience." Then again, Ryanair are desperate (and with good reason, do you really want to work for such an airline?)

pink flamingo
11th Apr 2005, 17:39
Then again, Ryanair are desperate (and with good reason, do you really want to work for such an airline?)

At least you know where you are going.

Surely there are good airlines around but; which ones?

To me it all appear the same just in a different packaging therefore considering i have invested a fortune i would be happy to take any flying job.

There are also some excellent advantages on companies such as Ryanair: loads of good experience flying in and out of remote airports, loads of hours per year therefore easier to move to the LHS as opposite to company such as thomson where it may well take 3 times more.

Unfortunately I cannot choose, "yet".
:p

Bail out
12th Apr 2005, 13:59
M.85, heard about some of your approaches??

Left hand seat ??

glad im leaving.... ; )

they will be accepting guys very soon, because 8 first first officers have left this month alone...

best of luck with the job hunting, sure things will happen...

happy landings

M.85
19th Apr 2005, 16:00
Bail out,

Heard nothing about it..maybe you can enlighten me :-) ?
However you may be right to leave with that attitude..on top of your 500 hours total,maybe you should be on the left seat ,after all,you started your career 6 months ago?.We have enough of these around.

oh,and you should stop listening everything your english mate is telling you...its funny because he tells me YOU are full of yourself and should get down to earth.
However letting you stay at my place is a good wake up call for generosity distribution.
You should listen to examinors.instructors comments rather than a fellow 300 hours guy who by the way got an incident report in his own country.

So folks before you throw non founded remarks,watch out about yourself and your so called friends.

By the way,talked to the boss lately,not happy about you leaving the company like a thief...beware.stay discreet you may get out of it without damage.This industry is very small.
Regards,

M.85

Francesco82
19th Apr 2005, 22:49
Hey guys,
and what about A320 type rated with low hours on type?....I am one of them :)...any advice?

thanx a lot and sorry for the OT :)
Frenk

Bail out
20th Apr 2005, 08:21
Hey,

thought you french guys had a sense of humour, guess i was wrong.

Check your PM's....

keep smiling buddy... we all love ya.

despegue
20th Apr 2005, 08:22
Bail-Out and M.85,

Please stop throwing mud at eachother.

We had a lot of fun at SkyEurope, they gave us chances that we otherwise would not have had, be it our first hours on Jet or the possibility of the LH seat after a minimum of time.

I am one of these guys who left for "greener pastures" (you know who I am).
SkyEurope is desperate now for pilots, but this is not only the fault of those who left, but mainly due to the current terms and conditions, which , to be fair, will get a little better in the future I've been told.
I could very simply not survive in Bratislava on my salary. That is the ONLY reason why I left. If you then have an opportunity to have 5 times your current salary, you do not hesitate.

1200 Euro's nett inc. per/diems
350 Euro for an app. in BTS
700 Euro for my bank (ATPL and TR)
left me with... 150 Euro to survive a whole month.

I flew until I was released by the company, and even did some extra flights from Poland this month, in order to help Sky out as "free-lancer".

M.85, I whish you good luck with the upgrade, mes félicitations,
tell Emilia that I love her:D ah, and it was not myself who suggested I could return to SkyEurope if I want, it was your boss.

Bail-Out, CU in BRU tomorrow I presume?

Dovidenia,

Despegue

Francesco82
20th Apr 2005, 12:25
Which are SkyEurope requirements then? Do they ask for 737 TR?
thanx a lot

spaceman1000
21st Apr 2005, 14:11
i think they ask for a jaa T/R, they pay pretty bad!it is good for the guy who can live with no money.who do not have a family,...

what are the od to be hired? 20%?

Pointer
25th May 2005, 22:12
Temper temper Gentelmen,

no need to get at each other so vigouriously.....

The gras IS greener on the other side of the fence, however it might tast different.

work on the Attitude people, most of you guys i've flown with have the potential for left seat, just remind your self of the THREE MOST IMPORTANT THINGS IN THE LEFT SEAT....

Attitude...

Attitude...

And ... you\'ve guessed it... Attitude.

Happy landings and please stay out of my way when i am screaming down to Tenerife at .80 at FL400. :cool:

Pointer :E

zedex7rrrrrrr
29th Jun 2005, 13:37
The grass that is greener is usually fertilised with ****!:ok:

click
29th Jun 2005, 21:52
The grass that is greener is usually fertilised with ****!
That's pretty funny, got to remember that when I fly to the Emerald Isle next time.
BTW, you guys had 1200 Euros nett take home??? Even with the flat tax? Wow. My condolences gentlemen. And like I keep saying after all these years behind the iron curtain...you can only drink so much cheap beer and .....ehm...:E all the beautiful women, but one day...one day you say to yourself....Wilbur, all I want today is to take a satisfying dump and sleep all night and all the benefits of flying behind the (former) iron curtain go out the window....then it's time to get a real job....

Would you like fries with that? :}

click

GTP
1st Jul 2005, 20:40
M.85 you should not be in command OF ANTHING. i know i flew with you once!!!! sounds like competion will give SkyE a hard time later this year and next year. But hes right only need a type rating and they will give you the job.
i fly with quite a few fo with low hrs both total and on 737. seems this is a good year for the 737.

Pointer
3rd Jul 2005, 00:20
Hey GTP, didn't like the rice and veggies? heard you are around...

keep winding up M.85 that might prove some interesting reading

See ya,

despegue
3rd Jul 2005, 12:18
Well, mr. M.85 is now "commander" with ESK, and that must mean that he passed the sim and line-training...
give the guy a chance, he's French after all:} Serieux, j'espère que tout va bien S.!! salut de Paris!

Pointer, still not in the Kowloon Massage Parlors??!

GTP, I presume we flew together again 2 weeks ago... with a viking on the jump? Hope you like the AAI flying!

Greetings from the Belgian Cowboy without a clue (according to a certain German TRE:E )

Despegue, based in CDG

M.85
3rd Jul 2005, 17:28
GTP,
Are you the fat with bad hearing who was trying to hump my girlfriend at every night stop???or maybe the holiday taker?
Like despegue well put it i passed the sim check with excellent grades with our german TRE..who by the way is not bothered sending back to base captains who cant do their job properly.oh and the line training went very well too..damn i must be an idiot and incompetent then..;-)
Next time i make sure to post my training file;-)

M.85

An2
4th Jul 2005, 09:49
Dear all,

I've had my 737CL-type since early March and I've had one(!) sniff of a job. But no more than that!
I've applied to SkyEurope, but never heard anything from them.

From a secure source, I've come up with this info;
The only way to get into SkyEurope with a typerating only and no time on type, is to hand a certain company a check for 20k $!
You all know what I'm talking about. :yuk:

despegue
4th Jul 2005, 10:19
M.85,

Or send back base-captains:E !!

I'm still in the loop of what happens at ESK mon ami!

I wouldn't doubt one second having you on my left. Many good landings.

ps. clean your private mailbox please, couldn't send you a PM.

An2: ESK has seen a lot of FO's who left after 500 or less hours. As a result, the management has decided that is not worth investing in foreign pilots anymore (most of them leave at the first opportunity), and prefer to gain money by the Eaglejet scheme/scam. Money that can be invested in training local, more loyal pilots. I was one of these guys who left after 500h. Didn't I like it at ESK? I did actually, but I did not have enough total hours to be considered as quick-command F/O , Unlike mr. M.85.
Financially, I was unable to stay for another year unfortunately.

An2
4th Jul 2005, 11:49
I wasn't really questioning their motives to do what they do. I'm sure they do it because they have to,....or they just like making money in general, anyway possible.

Facts remain though; A 737-typerating alone isn't enough to get a foot in at SkyEurope.
Unless you're willing to pay 20'000$, that is!

M.85
5th Jul 2005, 16:33
Despegue,
My mailbox is clear now.
Oh and yes GTP i know how you are;-)
....the actual skinny guy who dated the crazy one who told you i tried to jump her;-)
Actually i think she was quite alright until she met you skinny but;-)

As i dont remember flying with you,you mustnt have shown me your great skills that day..However i see you looked for many jobs info on pprune..but never bothered answering thank you the guys who gave you some info..that says a lot..iand the 747 position your were bragging about?..back to square 1??that must suck..
Sorry but guys like you i despise.. but your initial joke was worth reading;-)

M.85

garyFR
13th Jul 2005, 16:22
SALUT M.85 :D
It s the former skyeurope dancer back on internet
thanks for your e-mail i will reply when I will have done with my 320 rating in a few days .
Hello to all skyeurope
R-G RELAXE

Pointer
15th Jul 2005, 00:26
Hey GaryFR,

i still ow you a cuban.

How is the desert? ha ha you refer to yourself as the ESK Dancer? get real ....

better not get caught in the wrong bar in Sand land, or you will end up behind bars.... haha

i beleive M.85 has problems living in the reality, since they handed him a left seat, heard he almost did not get it. His instructor almost got the betst of him

Yes M.85, remember what i said to you? Attitude, attitude and...?

there is a great piece on captaincy on pprune you should read...
i will send you a copy...

737oli
15th Jul 2005, 09:18
Come on guys, do you really think that pprune is the good place to be so focus on one guy. I don't know m85 or SkyEurope eather, but it's seems that there is "diffamation" in your speechs.

So please if you have personnel prob. with your company keep it for you and try to be constructive for AB-initio's looking for there first job. I think it's the goal of this forum;)

Oli:cool:

M.85
15th Jul 2005, 14:31
Pointer.
You are very funny;-)
However,now i know you are the one mentionned above half deaf who was trying to hump my lady..please let us all know how my sim went and how mad my examinor was..im very interested..
I find you very lame but what to expect..i wish you stay at globespan and talk about what you know.

Talking about attitude..read your posts first;-)

M.85

Elifant
16th Jul 2005, 16:02
Hi all

I do not know what kind of conflict you guy have I either do not know anyone of you.....but I think what you are doing is very unprofessional. It puts also Sky Europe in a bad light since apparently you are/were emplyed by them. I think personal agressions/conflict should be solved privatly like man/real pilots!

despegue
16th Jul 2005, 20:45
Guys,

It's all to easy slagging off people via the PBB...

I never experienced this while working for SkyEurope... Do we, people who left the RELAX world think we're better now?...
If that is the case, I pity our passengers who trust in us being humble down to earth professionals who value others in their professional opinions and learn from them.
Pointing:E out weaknesses is good, even required, but be fair, do this privately and look at both sides of the corner.

I don't suppose I will join ESK again. I could have been upgraded within next year, but personally feel that I would not be ready. This is however a very personal decision. I now fly over whole Europe, mix. of LCC, Charter to some demanding airports, and night cargo, with lots of complications etc. I gained a lot of confidence, learned to fly not operate the B737 (thanks to my fellow Belgians who taught me fun of raw data flying).
I welcome M.85's decision to take his command. Ultimately, only he can assess his readiness for lHS, supported by the instructors, who, let's face it would rather see local people getting upgraded and wouldn't lower standards for Foreigners, and certainly not for zhe frogs;)

It is easy to critisize on colleagues, but maybe we should all reflect on ourselves first.
Who never had problems during training? Can anyone claim so? aha! don't think so...

Skygods are only heavenly in their own minds...

regards,

T.

Pointer
16th Jul 2005, 22:12
Oh M.855

don't get your self so worked up, i know you are basically good at what you do, but you seem to be a bit too eager to bite the bait. Have a laugh and show what you can and not "tell". Never tried to jump 'your' girl though, and about the sim ride, talk to our french resident from Litlle in BTS how we deald with this... ;)

no pun intended, maybe a bit off the mark, so my appologies, however you do make it easy. Hasta la ... and something i can't spell. But if you read it as i ment it; you read that it reflects on the sim ex. more than at you, i did not refute your self proclaimed excelence.... thats what i mean with; "don't tell but show..
Oh and i am not aware of any hearing problem.... that must be some one else..?

I agree with 7370li ; Slugging is more for jetblast, so i will get my coat... :\

See ya S.

sickBocks
17th Jul 2005, 09:05
Maybe it's time to get an ex-Relax forum. Ex-Lax? A place to sing about the delights of Zlate Piesky and not making it back to WAW before closing time.

Hi all - hope you are well.

sB

Pointer
17th Jul 2005, 13:14
Hello SickBocks,

top of the mornin to you

Feeling a little green these days are we?

despegue
18th Jul 2005, 09:49
Hey guys,

We should do a SKY reunion in BTS:cool:

At least we now can afford to party seriously...

Despegue

ps. sickBocks, I still have your Kamasutra... need it back? I know it by heart already:O