PDA

View Full Version : Army officer arrested drunk at LHR

Tolsti
3rd Mar 2005, 15:20
Apparently an Army Officer inbound BKK-LHR has been arrested upon arrival @ LHR for being drunk on the aircraft. Rumour says he is (was) a Military Attache

In trim
3rd Mar 2005, 15:28
This was a couple of weeks ago and made the newspapers (well, 'The Sun') at the time. Heard nothing since.

Freeway
3rd Mar 2005, 15:36
Defence attache, Colonel Peter Roberts MBE, 50, was today charged with one count of being drunk when on board an airliner and another charge of threatening behaviour.

He is due to appear before Uxbridge Magistrates Court on March 11th.

Airbubba
3rd Mar 2005, 15:58
Having seen the British military in action in the lounge and on the plane on a long haul BA flight out of LHR, maybe the new shock headline should be "Army Officer Arrested Sober at LHR" <g>.

Anyway, sounds like no more Pat Pong for this guy...

Shjustme
3rd Mar 2005, 16:24
Dammed outrageous!!!!!!!!!! can't a chap have a few drinks without the pond life getting shirty!!!!!!!!!

Don't these people know who Colonel Carruthers-Smythe-Whatsmyname is????

Ruddy poor show!!!!!!!!!

PS: Only good thing is that I might get his future promotion.. Always thought I should be a Brigadier-General...

LordGrumpy
4th Mar 2005, 23:26
Cannot have double standards. If planes are diverted or passengers restrained, the authorities need to be absholootelee
ferm wiv th p - - -hids.
If The crew was.....................

Best foot forward
5th Mar 2005, 16:53
I gather from the posts so far that the big O was on an international flight so I assume he was served alchohol on the flight. If he was then shouldn't the airline be done for aiding and abetting. If the Cabin Crew are silly enough to serve an idiot with enough alcopop to get him abbreviated then they should shoulder some of the blame.

bealine
5th Mar 2005, 19:53
enough alcopop to get him abbreviated

In that case, shouldn't the Sun have referred to him as an "Arm-Off"

........or maybe just "Leg-Less":D