PDA

View Full Version : Transfer time in Moscow

GwynM
3rd Mar 2005, 12:17
My wife has booked flights from Heathrow to Novosibersk with a transfer in Moscow (all by Aeroflot). She has 3 hours transfer time on the way out and 2 on the way back. Is this sufficient, bearing mind that she has to change terminals?

strake
3rd Mar 2005, 12:46
Does your wifes flight go to Domodedovo or Sheremetyevo?

If DME it should definitely be OK. If SVO, then probably OK they suggest 2 hours between terminals.

You could always arrange a VIP transfer..about $100 when I last used it at SVO.

Evening Star
3rd Mar 2005, 14:28
Two hours is just about acceptable between SVO 1 and 2, but cutting into the comfort zone. If I had that connection I would forget my principles and take a taxi instead of the microbus. Can your wife speak Russian? This is a big advantage in not getting ripped off by the SVO taxi scrum.

Boss Raptor
3rd Mar 2005, 14:40
I have to say although I dont know anyone who has done an intl-domestic transfer across SVO I dont think I would even want to try it - with Aeroflot it will be SVO

Intl-intl thru the same terminal is quite good at SVO and as previously stated going through DME would be best option but then you'd have to go from say BA to Sibir on your ticketing, might get quite costly...dont think Transaero do Novosibirsk, shame as you could go LGW-DME onwards

Lufthansa seem to be venturing to more places within Russian like NN and Ekaterinburg, might be others as well

PS. if you guys will get wives from Siberia and all points frozen east ;)