PDA

View Full Version : We are ridiculously short of crew!

trynottoguess
2nd Mar 2005, 18:52
Don't call scheduling in the ME "We are ridiculously short of crew!"

This seems to be the same across the region for the ops crew controllers, perhaps the management might like to help solve the crisis in a managerial way. Suggestions posted below might help them.:confused:

bushboy
2nd Mar 2005, 19:20
Here's one suggestion

HIRE ME!!!!!!

guybrush
2nd Mar 2005, 19:41
Me too! I have no training but hire me all the same!

PS: look at it this way, you are short of people, so hiring anyone will solve your crewing problem. Simple logic! :} :} :E

Cheers:ok:
guybrush

PITA
2nd Mar 2005, 19:47
Get some experince boy's and girls and then come on over.
Don't expect the rest of us who have piad our dues to just welcome you over with open arms.

guybrush
2nd Mar 2005, 19:57
Pita,
Whatever happened to chivarly, graciousness and helping those in need? This world just isn't what it used to be.:ugh: :hmm:

cheers:ok:
guybrush

trynottoguess
2nd Mar 2005, 20:06
Hey newbies, sorry to have to say it but you barely make a living out here as Capt, a SFO will struggle , FO barely tread water financially and if you are willing to sell your house to support yourself for a 2nd O position (should they arise) then thats dedication for you.

Its not Dedication you need out in the ME its Despaeration!!

Good Luck!:hmm:

BYMONEK
3rd Mar 2005, 22:54
trynottoguess

You're right, it's not dedication you need......it's a DICTIONARY!:p

flynhigh
3rd Mar 2005, 23:10
Hi all

with over 6000 hours and 1500 Jet pic CRJ-200 and check airmen/instructor i can't even get to the door. What are they really looking for... when they know they are short staff....

sony
3rd Mar 2005, 23:24
flynhigh,

I am not currently working in the ME, but from my experience, unless you are flying the 700 series CRJ or bigger, your Jet time may not count. Depending on the airline you are applying for. Qatar Airways for example, as of now, does not count the CRJ 200 towards the requirments for a Direct Entry FO. The aircraft must way over 25,000 Kilos to count. Hopefully in the future, that requirment will change.

Best of luck.

Soft Altitude
4th Mar 2005, 09:24
Flynhigh, maybe you've knocking on the wrong door. Space shuttle instructor experience is definitely an advantage if you want to join Mrats for instance, so you don't qualify:E .
How about Gulf Air? Nice and down to earth airline, they might help you out, if you'd accept an F/O position. They are so desperate that even if you have cessna 172 only experience in the past few years they might consider you :*

balad_of_dead_soljar
4th Mar 2005, 11:02
Find someone to Terminate AAB and Saliya.
It will stop the hire and fire game and you will never have any problem with shortage of crew in QR.

:ok: :ok: :ok: :ok: :ok:

flynhigh
4th Mar 2005, 12:18
Sony, and soft altitude

thank's for your kind replies, i have applied to Gulf Air, for the past 7 month's it keep say my application is under review. but i will keep sending in my resume. Take care guys.

guybrush
4th Mar 2005, 13:32
balad_of_dead_soljar,
I read here that he is going in May/June (after the money laundering scandal).....but then again this is a rumor network.

Cheers:ok:
guybrush

SUKE_QA
4th Mar 2005, 14:34
There’s nothing wrong to be optimistic, infect we survive on hope. So Let’s hope for the best that one day this m/f will be kicked out from QR.

:ok: :ok: :ok: :ok:

Soft Altitude
5th Mar 2005, 05:29
Flynhigh, that's the way, keep sending in the CVs to GF, updates, call them, you should be in soon :ok:
Cheers