PDA

View Full Version : Recruitment

Benashy7
2nd Mar 2005, 17:30
Hi,

Sorry to sound silly, but I’m new the site - Does anyone know a figures concerning airline recruitment etc.. Is it good at the moment? Is it set to rise over the next couple of years?

I understand that this all speculation but… Any info would be great

Thanks

Addy
2nd Mar 2005, 19:32
only thing I can say is HELL YEAH IT'S GETTING BETTER!

what who me?
2nd Mar 2005, 19:34
This might sound a bit harsh but..................

Have you actually taken the time to read any of these forums before you posted this question? Those questions have been discussed (but never answered) so many times I have lost count.

wwm?

Re-Heat
2nd Mar 2005, 20:02
In contrast to the rather pointless responses above, the best advice would be to look at BALPA's figures, which they collate on pilot employment in the UK. The only caveat I would say on that front is that there is no distinction on jobs that have recruited new entrants to the job market vs experienced hires from other airlines, such that there may be double counting of - for example - BA employing someone who has upgraded from flyBE, and the employment of someone to fill the flyBE post vacated by that person. Hence their figures will show 2 posts filled whereas in actual fact 1 new job has been created in the market.

Hope this is useful.

Addy
3rd Mar 2005, 10:07
Comments such as the first reply are a complete delusion on the part of that poster, if they carry that attitude in normal daily life then it would appear that they are trying to convince themselves of facts without having any sense of the reality of the figures. We must have a sense of realism!

Nice to see that you can write very nice in the English language, but the boy is asking whether the jobmarket is getting better or not. Looking at the numbers, the only conclusion you can make is that the market is getting better. Question answered, blahblah why do you need to point out your answer is 'better' than others? By the way sorry I didn't really spend too much time on the answer, just felt like saying that :) /me is *out*

jamestkirk
3rd Mar 2005, 14:53
I have tried for ages to get some kind of figures on pilot recruitment etc. but cannot seems to find anything concrete.

The only information i stumbled accross was an article in flight international that stated: in 2005 there will be roughly a 25% increase in employment opportunities in the ENTIRE aviation industry. This was based on current facts and industry trends. OK, it's not just being specific to pilots but could be positive indication.

There is lots of postings on here about the job market getting better. I am not diagreeing with anyone, but for low hour wannabes like myself, it's still very difficult. nd before anyone asks. YES i do have a one page CV, posiive attitude and shower every day.