PDA

View Full Version : Job Market

Benashy7
2nd Mar 2005, 17:29
Hi,

Sorry to sound silly, but I’m new the site - Does anyone know a figures concerning airline recruitment etc.. Is it good at the moment? Is it set to rise over the next couple of years?

I understand that this all speculation but… Any info would be great

Thanks

Down 'n' Hanging
3rd Mar 2005, 16:10
Hi Benashy7

Not a silly question.

From what I understand a number of airlines are recruiting at present, and some are about to start their latest round of recruiting - I believe this includes BA, who just about to start anytime now along.

Over the last 12-18 months or so airline recruitment has seemingly increased at a steady pace and looks like it will go on for a little while longer. I can't personally tell you figures as such, but it's a good idea to get your CV dusted off , updated and fired off to the airlines.

Good luck. :ok:

regards

D 'n' H

Piltdown Man
6th Mar 2005, 15:39
It's the best it's been for a few years. The info on PPJN.COM appears to reasonably (read the caveats) accurate and I know of many people who, in the very recent past, have been for interviews at each of the British ones mentioned. But we are nowhere near the heady days of 1989 when all you needed was a Class One medical and a half finished Commercial to get a job. Being realistic, I don't think that we'll ever (in my lifetime) see those days again.

The future? It all depends on everything and the airline industry is the often the first casualty when things start looking bleak. Should you bet the equity in your house on getting an airline job? Sub 30 - probably yes, over early 40's - probably no. For a job in General Aviation, if you have realistic expectations - probably yes no matter what your age.

When reading this remember, opinions are like arseholes, everybody has got their own one.

jamino
6th Mar 2005, 20:16
lol that doesnt help me im 35..lol is that a yes or no:{