PDA

View Full Version : Flybe Rosters & Bases

smudge10
2nd Mar 2005, 16:51
Can anyone tell me what the current rostering is on the Q400, eg... days on, off and standby plus the current bases being positioned to as a new F/O?

I understand that rostering is likely to be subject to change at the moment but a rough idea would be helpful.

Thanx

Benashy7
2nd Mar 2005, 17:33
Have you tried www.ppjn.com ??

smudge10
3rd Mar 2005, 10:07
Yes, but it doesn't really give me the up to date information that i'm after.

Artificial Horizon
3rd Mar 2005, 14:24
Smudge,

The majority of new F/O's are being based in Belfast, Glasgow and Edinburgh respectively. This however is constantly changing as the companies fleet and route announcements continue to be made, however if you expect one of the above bases I don't think you can go far wrong.

As with the roster, that is a hard question to answer as it is totally reliant on the base that you end up at!! I am based in Belfast and the general pattern over the last 12 months has been 6 days on (3 early followed by 3 lates) then 2 days off. This pattern however is subject to change as there is talk of a 6 on 3 off cycle being introduced. You can expect 8 - 900 hours a year in BHD at the moment. At one of the scottish bases your annual flying hours are probably going to be significantly less, I know of one GLA based F/O who didn't quite make 500 hours during his first year on line. Obviously at these bases the 6 on 2 off is quite rear and tends to be more towards the traditional 5 on 2 off. In any one roster the amount of standby days varies, in my latest roster I have 3 standby days in the entire months, other bases though will get 1 or 2 standby days per week.

So as you can see it is very changable especially at the moment with the rapid expansion and all of the new pilots coming on line, there is a scheduling agreement in place but it only really gives general guidelines as opposed to the easyjet/ryanair ones which give fixed 5 on 3 off type schemes.

Sorry I couldn't be more specific.