PDA

View Full Version : bmi language test for non british crew

justtakethecup
2nd Mar 2005, 12:45
a friend of mine has to attend this test in a few days. they have been successful at getting through the interviews and have even been given a date to start employment! does anyone know what this test involves, how long it takes and what you are asked to do and what you should wear. it seems a bit of a nightmare as surely if you can pass the interviews and do a successful application form your english is at an advanced enough level!???

pacific.heights
3rd Mar 2005, 19:03
I had to do the same language test a couple of years ago.
It s not that difficult but you need to make sure you have a good understanding of the English grammar. Your friend should not worry too much about it. Unless it has changed, the test is done in a language school in the city. Business/smart dress is adviced as you are supposed to represent BMI.

surely not
6th Mar 2005, 12:36
Sorry, no way is it discrimination.

English/Scots/Welsh/Irish are usually asked to prove by exam that they can speak and write a foreign language, either when working for a foreign airline or when qualifying for language payments by a UK airline.

Richard Taylor
6th Mar 2005, 18:55
You're right T's & P's.

As a Scotsman,I couldn't understand a word of your post.

Suggest you check your T's & P's yourself before posting unintelligible drivel.

acbus1
6th Mar 2005, 19:13
Tel yur frend not to wurry justtakethecup it is a right easy test I talk from egsper......exsperie........ŁU$& :mad:

.......I dun it.

evun bmi ave stand hards

Spit15
30th Mar 2005, 20:53
Have to say, it looks like T's&P's slipped through the net! Would that a bilingual UK national land a job with a foreign airline, never mind a UK national who doesn't command the company's indigenous lingo! Just consider yourself fortunate we are of such an open minded culture where the positions are available to foreigners FULL STOP!