View Full Version : 1st Interview in Europe??

Alpine Pilot
2nd Mar 2005, 12:27
Ok, I just read that there are interviews in Canada for people who applied in december.

So, here is my question: I applied in september last year ans still donīt have an interview. Do I get invited on the next one wich is held in Europe?

When is the next Interview in Europe??

And an other question, in the second interview you need to fly the simulator. So now wich model is it. the -200, or the -400?
Or is there a difference between either F/O or S/O.

Thank you very much!

what_goes_up
2nd Mar 2005, 13:33
HI there

was in the pot for almost 3 years before called to first interview OK there was 9/11 and SARS in between). Have 5000+ hours , most of it jet, half of them wide body. It might take a while. SIM is the -200.
But it is worth waiting anyway!

Medwin
2nd Mar 2005, 16:12
in a pot for 3 years, hmmmm i was there for 5 years.

Alpine Pilot
2nd Mar 2005, 20:35
Ok, so there is the possibility to wait for years, but why get people invited after only a few months?

Good, the simulator is the -200 for both S/O and F/O?

Does anybody know when the next interview in Europe is planned?

Thank you?

Truckmasters
2nd Mar 2005, 21:55
I've heard of people waiting between two weeks and 8 years. Mine was 4 years. Don't sweat the wait and don't rely on only applying to one company.

As to why - which came first , the chicken or the egg?

europilot
12th Mar 2005, 21:56
AP,

Most people I know had applied for 3-5 years before they got an interview... keep updating ... have you thought about calling them - the girls in recruitment are all very friendly and professional on the phone...it can help!!!

Have a Verlaengerter and a Sachertorte... and relax.

There is not only CX out there...

EP

Cronus
14th Mar 2005, 01:08
I was in Hong Kong last month for interviews [S/O] and asked some of the recruiting team how many active applications they had on the books, the reply, 20 000 or so.

Some things I've done over the years to try to make my application stand out:

Occasionally phoned recruiting, with a pre-planned list of questions. They always took the time to have quick talk.

Sent a cover letter with every application update [every 3 months for 5 years], informing them of any changes and expressing my resolve to work for Cathay Pacific.

Visited Hong Kong and arranged [by phone and email], a mutually convenient time to meet with someone from recruiting and personally hand them update to recruiting. Once again I had some questions prepared.

Some or all of these points might be obvious, I don't know. The thing is they have so many active applications; you need to make yours stand out. Sometimes you get lucky but you can also get smart!