PDA

View Full Version : EK Short of Airbus Crews?!

Sheikh Your Bootie
2nd Mar 2005, 12:01
I hear this factoring has been stopped by the GCAA, what a shame.
Now that means they can squeeze a LOT less hours out of us, so in essence they are short of crews, big time.

Anyone heard this?

SyB.

PITA
2nd Mar 2005, 19:50
I have. Now let's see what happens

Check 'Six'
2nd Mar 2005, 20:15
Well Done to the individual with the big brass balls, who brought this to the company's attention. Plus the GCAA's. Now we wait and see!

Credible
2nd Mar 2005, 22:53
Thank goodness sanity seems to have prevailed. It has taken 6 months to get there but now there is at last some good news, with hopefully more to come, for all the crews.

See initial posting from last August:

EK augmented crewing (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?threadid=142505&perpage=15&pagenumber=1)

Vorsicht
3rd Mar 2005, 06:16
I wouldn't necessarily assume that this will be a positive thing. If it is true, then we will indeed be short of airbus crews.

I would expect that the duty waiver will appear fairly soon, authorising about 15 "one off" situations where we can extend our duties, reduce our turnarounds or increase our hours to cover the shortfall for the next 10 years or so.

The end result will be that we will still have a JAR compliant airline, with a couple of waivers " just to get us through this difficult period", like the Sydney waiver that became the Brisbane waiver that will likely again become the Sydney waiver as a "one off, to help us through the establishment of a new pairing"

Lets hope I'm wrong, but history shows that whenever commercial expediency and regulatory requirements come into conflict, there is usually a make shift resolution in favour of commercial expediency.

NIGHTTRAMP
5th Mar 2005, 03:24
Not too sure about being short of crews. Apparently AAR worked out that we are 8% over staffed on the Airbus. Chris Peet Told him not to be silly with some more fiddling with rosters and the Block versus Flight time he could improve the 8% to about 13% in two weeks. However it would mean that he could only publish rosters by the 29th of each month.:hmm: