PDA

View Full Version : Parc + 737 = no job at Air Asia!

NI66A
1st Mar 2005, 19:11
Applied to Parc for the Air Asia scheme last November. Just got an email back from them saying that they are no longer able to offer placement with Air Asia anymore due to them moving from the Boeing to the Airbus family.......! Parc don't have an Airbus sim! :8

However they are still willing to allow you to pay for a selection day, followed by a possible 737 type rating but cannot guarantee a job on completion! BUT they will do their level best to find you employment! Hmmmm....! :hmm:

Any of you had the same email and are willing to take the plunge with Parc anyway????!!

Keep it real

berserker
1st Mar 2005, 20:02
Yeah!
Got the same mail, dont think im going to put up xxx amount of euros to do the assesment now that tha AA is a no go.
Rather stay cool for a while and see if something else comes up.
good luck to those of you who are going.

yaeger-miser
1st Mar 2005, 20:49
deleted

timzsta
2nd Mar 2005, 11:37
This is precisely why people should not be paying for type ratings. TRTO's exist for one reason - to make money like any other company in any other industry.

flyingdog
2nd Mar 2005, 12:29
Guys I will tell you what a FEDEX captain told me a few years ago, and his advice gave me the opportunity to find a job then another ... "you can't buy yourself a pilot job you have to prove you are the right person ... so instead of paying for a rating keep your money, jump in your car and go to meet people on the platforms, discuss with everyone, (you might meet a training captain in your flyingclub) if there are no jobs in your country take a plane ticket and go in another one" ... and it worked for me so if I was you, instead of staying in front my computer trying to decide to whom I'm going to give a lots of money (who anyway cannot guarantee anything) I would move my A-- and go to get a job ... but it might be on a small Cessna not on a A320 ... but from there you'll move to slightly bigger and so and so ... and it is free ... they might even pay you for flying :ok:
good luck ;)

father murry
7th Mar 2005, 10:25
Bollocks

I graduated from flight school with only average grades, coulnt find a job break, bought myself a type rating and got a job within 3 months off the back of it - now flying a 60 tonne jet for a living.

LolaT
10th Mar 2005, 23:22
who did you do your type rating with father murry?