PDA

View Full Version : Emirates VS Qatar

ek_flyer
28th Feb 2005, 21:29
which is the best EMIRATES or QATAR (from the cabin crew point of view).???????????

i'have been reading all kind of post about emirates and qatar but i can't figure out which in the best.
lately i have seen that Qatar is better rated than Emirates (qatar 5 stars, Emirates only 4) and the same thin about the cabin crew (qatar 5 stars) emirates 4 stars. a lot of people complaing about emirates cabin crew and emirates planes (although the planes are quite new and modern i gues that they are over used, so they have broken seats, the entertainement system in not functioning e.t.c
and even the cabin crew is complainig about work conditions
so something is going on with emirates.

whai is the truth about emirates?
i invite all emirates cabin crew to express their opinions

on the other hand i have read that Qatar cabin crew earn less money, and the appartaments from doha are dirty e.t.c

i invite the cabin crew of Qatar airlines to express their opinions.

So who is the best Emirates or Qatar ???? (from the cabin crew point of view)

BahCabinCrew
28th Feb 2005, 21:41
hey buddy, i suggest you do some more research on this forum about both companies and read what people are saying about them. Emirates is by far the a better company to work for than Qatar. Read the postings and see for yourself.

MoeZ77
1st Mar 2005, 02:03
ek_flyer,
use the search function type in qatar , read the posts .. all of them and then post a question
cheers moez

RaverFlaver
1st Mar 2005, 04:16
"i'have been reading all kind of post about emirates and qatar but i can't figure out which in the best."

If you have been reading the same posts as everyone else on here, I'm confused as to why you have posted your question......

Anyway to help you figure it out, it seems judging by the posts on PPrune that EK is the better airline to work for as cabin crew.

Enjoy your day,

RaverFlaver :)

16tequila
1st Mar 2005, 12:23
I can tell you one thing.. if u are a candidate with no previous experience any airline will do.. qatar airways training is quite impressive and very professional.. but i can tell you one thing. u wont like ur job.. at least majority of the crew doesnt.

U wonder qatar airways gets better rates?? of coz .. crew work really hard. Trust me on that one.. the environement is hard to bare too. Flight attendants grass on each other and might even get promoted for that.. its unbelievable..!!!

i guess emirates crew also complains.. and no employee is ever happy enough but i compared their working and living conditions and without a doubt emirates is a better airline to work for. ALso moneywise.

Dubai is a beautiful city and after hard day at work u can at least go out and enjoy.. Doha is really boring and somewhat still under construction..

I resigned more than a year ago and i would never go back EVER!ppl still get terminated for no reason and work conditions got even worse now.. crew cant request and i doubt they got their swaps back either.. If so then jst recently

anyhow.. let us know how it goes with u

ek_flyer
1st Mar 2005, 13:38
yeah it looks like Emirates is better,
i have asked this questions because i wannt to hear the voice of as many CC as posibile, and i don't wanna judge one company by the review of one dissatisfied passenger or eploee.

Oscar.Francois
1st Mar 2005, 18:14
agreed with 16tequila

mooguy
2nd Mar 2005, 16:13
I worked for Emirates years ago. They have the Reputation as being great, but they're not so great to work for. I cant comment on Qatar or their salary, but salary is not everything.

All my mates who used to fly with Emirates say the same thing, it was all very political and you only ever heard back negative feedback from management, rarely positive. The layovers were getting shorter and shorter, and we all look back in amazement at how we did it. We had fun on our days off, but the exhaustion we continually experienced was unbeliveable. Even on very long flights, its against the rules to have even a 20 min catnap. Considering many of their flights depart between 1 and 4 am this was torture!

Its like being in the army, your grooming is constantly monitored, and bullying is rife from senior to junior crew. Its mostly suited to people in their early twenties, or those who dont mind being brainwashed.

Having said that, I met some of my best lifelong friends there- probably the bonding of what we went through! THeir service can be excellent, and a lot of the crew are really decent people, however the increasing reports of the service not being as good as it used to be is true. Passengers were always right, so we had to put up with a lot of abuse on certain sectors, you were expected to be really obsequious! Manangement - face it, the crew are often beyoned exhausted, 11 hours layovers in Hongkong were a regular for me, corrupt schedulers etc etc. What really turned me off them was on my 30th birthday, some silly little 26 year old purser with a chip on her shoulder about her colour, wrote up a report on me that my lipstick was the wrong shade of red!!!!

Go figure......eventually all my generation left, we are in our thirties now, some of the old batch still there I believe, I dont know how they do it!! Switch the brain off is the answer.

Just my two bobs worth!