PDA

View Full Version : Accomodation around LBA Area during CPL/IR?

duir
28th Feb 2005, 20:36
Anyone know of any good digs around Leed/Bradford Airport Area? I will be doing the CPL/IR/FI down there from April onwards and need somewhere to stay. I am on a fairly tight budget so £50 per night hotels are out of the question. All I need is Mon to Fri each week for a few months. Anything from a house to a Caravan considered! The more rural the better.

Any ideas???

Keygrip
28th Feb 2005, 22:49
Why not BUY a caravan? Then sell it again when you're done with it. Or maybe rent one from Goodalls (or similar).

Invest a couple of quid to fit it out with creature comforts and find a local caravan site (do a search) that has electric hook-ups.

Real cheap way to spend a few months in Leeds - should be nice April/May/June.

You could also ask the school that you're training at!

duir
1st Mar 2005, 20:52
Hey Keygrip thats not a bad idea. I will look into it and potential sites in the LBA area.

silverknapper
2nd Mar 2005, 19:28
Get a generator and use the Car Park - should save a fiver a night! I nearly did for mine!!

Keygrip
3rd Mar 2005, 01:43
Hot showers, running tap water and toilets are worth a fiver a night.

It WAS a good while ago - bit I got a site very close to Bournemouth airport. Full electric hook up. Pleaded with the site owner to let me have a small space in the corner - stressed to him that it would be just me - homework four nights a week - no parties - no visitors. Just somewhere warm and dark to study (ATPL writtens).

End deal was £1 per night of occupancy, 50p per night when not staying in caravan (went home at weekends to wife). Think prices may have gone up by now.

FlyingForFun
3rd Mar 2005, 12:01
Speak to your school - they should know of plenty of cheap accommodation in the area.

Leeds Flying School have an accommodation list, including some very cheap B+Bs. Multiflight have put me in touch with a B+B just down the road from the school. (The B+B is now full for April - over-full for the second half of April, in fact, so don't bother asking me for details!)

FFF
-------------

duir
3rd Mar 2005, 12:45
cheers FFF.
I have the list from LFS.

Leezyjet
3rd Mar 2005, 22:26
There is a caravan site that is within sight of the airport. It's about a 5 min drive away.

Cannot remember the name of it though, but IIRC it's on Otley Old Road near High Trees Garden Centre, maybe one of the locals can provide the name.

It's in a quiet country area and a car or bicycle would be required as it's a few miles away from any amenities.

:)

duir
3rd Mar 2005, 22:49
Cheers Leezyjet....will investigate.