View Full Version : Ban only affect NEW F/O's & Capts... Not S/O's

King Kong
22nd Aug 2001, 06:23
A friend contacted the AOA to clarify the BAN. Was reassured by AOA representative that it (the ban) applies to outside F/O's and Captains joining the company directly and not to 'new joiner' Second Officers. Also confirmed by other IFALPA org's inother countries.

Anyone from AOA care to comment on the validity of this?

Let's Clarify the issue.
:D

[ 23 August 2001: Message edited by: King Kong ]

[ 28 August 2001: Message edited by: King Kong ]

neutral
22nd Aug 2001, 07:21
Why on earth would you want to encourage entry into an airline with this kind of political strife?

smallwing
22nd Aug 2001, 08:10
KK, what you are trying to say that IFALPA and the AOA does give consent to new joining SO's, but seems as CX PILOTS do not want anyone to join.

It is a bit of a strife and very confusing.

:eek: :eek: :eek: ????

eyes wide shut
22nd Aug 2001, 08:44
If this is the case smallwing then IFALPA or the AOA, more to the point, would not appear to be in control of this situation.
Good news if the ban doesn't extend to S/O's.
There are a lot waiting to join CX even if there is a bit of strife.

---------------------------------

We haven't got the big picture :cool:

[ 22 August 2001: Message edited by: eyes wide shut ]

indeepsht
23rd Aug 2001, 10:44
Sorry Guys but the hiring ban is in effect for ALL new employees! INCLUDING S/O's!!

Contact the AOA if you don't believe me. They can be easily found by doing an internet search and send a quick e-mail to them. The ONLY thing in question is the date when it was to take effect as there were some guys already in the pipeline on the 9th of July when the 49 were terminated!

Anyone posting something like "come on guys S/O's are still welcome" is most likely to be CX management looking for cheap advertising.

indeepsht
23rd Aug 2001, 11:02
KING KONG,

AIrbus ya?? A pilot wouldn't have made such a stupid mistake!! A PILOT would have had more pride and at least got that part of his profile right....

Nice try though....

kurmitola
27th Aug 2001, 08:57
Yeah,
A pilot should have more pride and not take upgrade training or any training ( read promotion ) in support of the 49ers rather than telling the world not to do this and that. Show that to us first then we know you guys are not selfish by telling others not to apply. Numerous posts have been asking the details about this subject but till today....still transmitting blind. :confused:

ironbutt57
27th Aug 2001, 11:29
We never will hear the full story on internal command training kurmitola, they don't want us to see the level of hypocrisy in it all....it's all a very sad situation really, methinks the situation is being blown out of proportion on these pages...airplanes are flying people are getting hired...and the crybabys keep crying...sad to see a once proud airline in this state...

Chris
27th Aug 2001, 17:18
Deleted post - what's the point of going through this again? A few posters keep coming up with the same excuses. Polite explanations are ignored. You are all well informed on the issue by now, make you own decision on the matter.

IB57 made much the same "question" on an earlier thread and was answered there, so why does he ask again? To spread doubt about the hiring ban, of course. His senior position inside CX has, of course, no bearing on this.

I'll be back in six weeks when this is over.

[ 27 August 2001: Message edited by: Chris ]

Full_Burner
27th Aug 2001, 17:39
Chris

But is this all this going to further your aims of bringing Cathay to it's knees? I fear not. The major distress you are causing is to yourself. I'm afraid life and flying will go on; perhaps without you!

FB

Dismayed
28th Aug 2001, 06:15
You think so FB? You delude yourself I am afraid. How much longer do you think this shambles of an operation is going to be tolerated by the HK Govt. They have no interest in propping up a bunch of conceited, arrogant has beens. More and more slots will be given to the American carriers and SQ. If you and your mates place saving face so high on your list of priorities, then you are to be pitied. This will go on and on and on. All you have to do is negotiate and come up with a solution acceptable to both sides. Something you have not been willing to do for more than 8 years. Do it now and this cash cow can be milked again.

King Kong
28th Aug 2001, 11:34
A friend contacted the AOA/HKALPA and got a response syaing that it applies to ALL (Capt/FO/SO)professional crew accepting positions with Cx from October 9th.

OK so now it is clear! :p

Full_Burner
28th Aug 2001, 13:32
Dismayed AND Deluded!!

FB

recceguy
31st Aug 2001, 15:15
Hello guys

the basic question is "who are those people to place a ban on a company employment?"

or if you prefer: me, as an airline pilot, do I have to comply? do I have to obey IFALPA, HKOA, ZZAOA, SCRUMCHOA, BZZZPA, GANGPA or anything like this?

so you get the answer: I don't care about any ban !!! I choose in life the people I obey to!

very sincerely.

Dismayed
31st Aug 2001, 16:27
Suggest you sober up before the interview!

recceguy
31st Aug 2001, 19:29
Good answer - might have been anyway a little more litterate. It just confirms what I have already knew: that some things might be very important to some people, and totally irrelevant to others.

Politically incorrect airline pilot, being proud of it. :D

kunal123
3rd Sep 2001, 20:09
r guy, at least you got the B A L L S to say it like it is.
go for it many other in here feel the same way but dont have the "Right Stuff". :D :cool: