PDA

View Full Version : Info on IOT

chrisburden21
27th Feb 2005, 18:18
Hi everyone,

I recently received my letter of acceptance into the RAF as Pilot and have been given the new IOTC starting November 20th. Does anyone have any information regarding IOT in general, ie. things I need to get, prepare for (apart from the obvious!!) etc.???

Any information would be very much appreciated.

Cheers

CB

Spacer
27th Feb 2005, 18:30
If you do a search on IOT, you should bring up quite a bit on what you need. The main thing I'd suggest you go and get is a bl**dy good sense of humour ;)

JessTheDog
27th Feb 2005, 19:18
Start running now to build up fitness. A little pain now saves more pain later, and all that....:ouch: Also, perhaps start slowly investing in a suitable wardrobe - frock coat, top hat, spats ;) or maybe just a dark lounge suit (conventional, not Burton's most trendy), a blazer, etc. Don't worry, they will mostly be gathering dust after IOT.:D I'd recommend Slaters menswear as an economical yet respectable outfitter.

Pontius Navigator
27th Feb 2005, 20:14
As well as the running that JTD recommends don't forget the upper body strength. I don't know how much a pine pole costs in JT Sports but would might find one in your local forest, that is if Cranditz hasn't got them all.

Oh! and congratulations as no one else seems to have remembered. There are precious few slots going so to get one . . . do check going through doorways though.

foldingwings
27th Feb 2005, 20:20
Chris,

Well done. You will be one of the first to sample the new 30-week/3-term IOTC. Remember though, officer first, pilot second no matter what some of the cynics on here might say! Nevertheless, enjoy your flying career.

foldingwings

Spacer
27th Feb 2005, 21:25
Yea, I apologise for not congratulating you. Enough of my mates are feeling the pinch on trying to get in, so well done!

chrisburden21
27th Feb 2005, 21:35
Cheers Guys,

Your comments are very much appreciated, Spacer fortunately for me, and this is the Boarding Officers quote, '...and showed an appropriate sense of humour.' So hopefully I wasnt that boring!!!

Cheers again guys.

CB