PDA

View Full Version : easyjet malaga

c.r.m what is it
27th Feb 2005, 15:06
Hi

Have just returned from Malaga, and all the gossip there is that Easyjet are going to open a crew base down there.

Does anyone from Easyland have any comment on that, would sound a nice idea!!

PropellerPaul
28th Feb 2005, 09:45
I was lead to believe that the new base would either be Madrid or Barcelona. More likely madrid because of available slots out of that airport. Possible flights within spain aswell as to other european destinations for march this year when an announcment from 'easyland' is being made, but more likely march next year. 'Iberia' the national spanish airline have stated in a spanish newspaper article that they would 'pull-off' any under performing route that easyJet start operating in direct competition with them. The future's bright, the future's orange! :ok:

Tom the Tenor
1st Mar 2005, 08:11
Please keep updating the rumors and news about any new proposed easy base at Madrid. Very interested in this idea. It would be such marvellous news.

ezygalleyboy
4th Mar 2005, 00:32
I've had heard rumours too about either MAD or BCN. All the rumours are in the spanish press, with no rumours coming from easyLand. There are a large number of Spanish crew work for easyJet, and they will get preferance on a spanish base over new recruits. I suspect the transfer list will be very long as well. Therefore would not expect much direct recruiting for a Spaniah base.

The deal breaker for setting up a spannish base would likely to be the deal we get from handling agents. Currently there is a bit of a cartel, with all companies charging the same fees for their handling services. I heard EZY is interested in setting up their own handling company (like The Big Orange Handling Company in LTN).

Major growth is currently focussed on Berlin SXF and into Eastern Europe. Would not be suprised to see a new base somewhere in the east soon.

Mike16
4th Mar 2005, 05:05
Hi

Well the other week i wa sin Luton , and the rumour from H/O was that the new base for spain was the new airport near to Madrid, there are a lot oif spanish crew here in the UK airports, esp LGW, and they do get first choice, as the new base will be doing mainly spanish domestics routes, like AGP, BCN etc....
Also other new routes are Tenerife ,Malta and Cyprus these places will be announced later this year..

Bye

fly babe
4th Mar 2005, 18:17
Mike 16, where did you hear about these new ezyJet routes exactly? If there is a massive headwind, do ezy's aircraft have the range??

storm_animal
7th Mar 2005, 07:57
I know someone who has flown on the newest 319 in the network and there are Pre recorded PA's in lots of new languages that easyJet does not fly to yet such as Bulgarian, Turkish and Russian.

So who knows what will happen within the next year? Considering that there is a large turkish community in germany I believe a low cost route from SXF to Istanbul would be very successful.

There was an artical in El Pais in relation to opening a base in spain.

c.r.m what is it
7th Mar 2005, 09:38
Sadly Storm that does'nt give anything away, As Airbus always programme PA's in different languages.

The airline I am with now, has all them, and we have never been to any of the countries, and sadly I don't think we ever will.

Anyway, not sure now that Malaga will be a full base, maybe just a crew turn around base, all the Easy staff down there, think this is going to happen, so we will just have to wait and see!!