PDA

View Full Version : Mouse stops; menu appears; stop it?

misterblue
27th Feb 2005, 09:30
Dear all,

Another pain in the eras problem on my laptop. Using a wireless optical mouse, whenever I stop moving the mouse, a dialog box opens which gets in the way. The options in the box are internet ones such - Yahoo, Kensington, CNNfn CNet and Mapquest.

I have to click outside the box to get rid of it and hope it does not appear before my next click.

Help gratefully appreciated,

thanks

MB

stickyb
27th Feb 2005, 09:57
Well, a liitle bit more info could be useful, such as OS, A/V software in use, firewall, anti-spyware such as spybot. You could well have been invaded or attacked by something undesirable.

Best place to start would be to look in the sticky at the top of this forum, and follow the "guide to eliminating pop-ups"

maxell
27th Feb 2005, 11:05
Take it you loaded the software that comes with the mouse? as it sounds like the normal setup for a 5 button optical mouse.
Have a look at the taskbar for the mouse settings and right click then options and disable the buttons you don't need

misterblue
27th Feb 2005, 14:40
Thanks so far. Have scanned with up to date virus checker, used MS Beta anti spyware programme and checked the set up for the mouse, which shows a picture of the 2 button, wheeled Kensigton wireless mouse. The driver was installed from their website and has worked fine for months.

Running XP sp2.

Thanks, but still no further forward,

MB