View Full Version : What to do when Transiting in HKG?

Axerock
7th Dec 2001, 14:28
Can anyone out there give me some help.
I am moving from Germany back to Oz (another victim of Sep11. Sheesh it must be bad if us management prats geat the heave ho) and will be transiting in HKG. Will be arriving in early morning (CX288 @ 08:00 and departing in the evening CX105 @ 23:35).

I am looking for recommendations for a nice hotel and for something to do during the day to burn the energy off the rugrats. (I will be travelling with the lovely Mrs Axe and the two hatchets - 6yrs and 1 yr).

Any help will be appreciated.

PCav8or
7th Dec 2001, 20:32
Get a copy of the latest "Lonely Planet" & take your pick. Lived in VHHH for a while & often referrd to it.

HotDog
8th Dec 2001, 05:25
Axerock, I would suggest you book into the Airport Regal Hotel. Dump your gear, have a shower and a ziz and catch the Airport Express train to town. In the meantime, check out http://www.yptourist.com/index.asp. You will find all the information you need on this website. Cheers, HD.

Minima
8th Dec 2001, 11:44
Axerock,I would suggest you take an Airport Express Bus (approximately HK$37 return per person)to Regal Kai Tak Hotel on Kowloon Island.The bus drops you right in front so it wouldnt be much of a walk with the wifey and kids.I got an airline discount rate last month for HK$380/- per night(US$48/-)after presenting my ID card.It's a decent 4 star hotel and certainly well priced for the accomodation.You can dump your luggage and take a free hotel shuttle bus to Tsim Sha Tsui which is the heart of downtown shopping etc.A lot of things to do once you get there..Good luck!!!!!!

Denzil
8th Dec 2001, 17:44
Just stayed at the Kimberley Hotel, Kimberley Road, Tsim sha Tsui, HK$330 a room per night (airline staff rate). HK$25 taxi ride from Airport Express Kowloon. They can be contacted at [email protected]
If you require any other info feel free to e-mail.

Have fun!!

HotDog
10th Dec 2001, 05:15
Kowloon island??? :rolleyes:

christep
10th Dec 2001, 07:34
Unless of course you have access to the first class part of The Wing at the airport, in which case you don't need the hotel - it has big bath/shower rooms, a good restaurant, etc (massage and all that for a fee if so inclined). I guess you could leave bags there as well. I assume getting from the lounge back out immigration wouldn't be a problem though I've never tried it.