PDA

View Full Version : Vs Man-mco

FormerFlyer
26th Feb 2005, 20:31
Hi

anyone know what type this is on? And is it VS themselves, or is this one of those Air Atlanta flights?

It's just that I'm thinking of going Premium for a quickie to my villa and was wondering if it's the same premium seats as on the LGW fleet.

cheers ;)
FF

Leezyjet
26th Feb 2005, 22:56
A/c is currently on a 747-200. It is operated by Air Atlanta, but is in full Virgin Livery and has the full Virgin W and Y class inside and has Odyssey IFE, which is the 2nd best that VS have. The only difference is that they have the older J seats that were out before J-2000.

The cabin crew are all VS too and some of the pilots IIRC, so you would never know Air Atlanta had anything to do with it, a/c even have a G- reg again now.

The a/c used to be owned and operated by VS themselves before being switched to Air Atlanta.

In May they are being replaced by 747-400 from the LGW fleet however the ife on those is actually worse than what is on the older 747-200 !!.

Hope that helps.

FormerFlyer
27th Feb 2005, 06:59
That's all pretty much along the lines of what I suspected, but it's just so good to have it confirmed.

cheers ;)
FF

patdavies
1st Mar 2005, 11:55
One aircraft has already been replaced, so you have a 50:50 chance of an Air Atlanta 747-200 or one of VS's LGW 747-400