PDA

View Full Version : New Routes Virgin

madmatt dolly
26th Feb 2005, 16:29
Hiya all just wondering if anyone else has heard anything about the new routes that Virgin Atlantic are looking into for this coming year . Would be greatly appreciated if anyone can enlighten me on this.Have heard the routes could be as follows :

:cool: = Vancouver

:O = Bangkok

:= = Dubai

:D = Melbourne

Be good to chat to all other Virgin Crew members who are currently flying and all you new virgins out there !!!.

If anyone can enlighten me and all of us on the monthly rostas aswell would be much appreciated.

And any tips on the duration of the VAA Course what is the hardest exam i guess SEP but am an ex flyer.

CHAT SOON ALL ;) XxX

AIRWAY
26th Feb 2005, 16:58
Hi,

Hows the new route (SYD) doing in terms of passenger loads?

Cheers

ILS26L
26th Feb 2005, 17:45
MEX to be introduced too

jerrystinger
26th Feb 2005, 21:58
Am aware that VS are currently running a huge campaign for new cabin crew etc and I really hope they bring some competition on certain "stale" routes...

My best flight ever was VS to Tokyo on the modern A340-600 with brilliant V-port IFE, meaning that even in economy class we could control when we watched what and even send messages to other passengers via onboard texting or even send text messages to the ground. Impressive, all with brilliant service on board, with plenty of drinks and snack rounds.

And no, I am NOT a VS employee, but YES, their service and product gets my thumbs up!
:ok:

Leezyjet
26th Feb 2005, 22:26
Only route out of those that is realistically on the cards in the near future is Dubai, and even that hasn't been officially announced yet although there was a small slip of the fingers in one of the recent staff magazines.

The others are just on the 'wish' list of routes they would like to operate in the longer term.

:)

Flip Flop Flyer
27th Feb 2005, 09:26
This post originally gave specific details of crew Hotac downroute. For what should be obvious reasons, this kind of information is inappropriate for the public domain.

ILS26L
27th Feb 2005, 12:14
this info shouldn't be published !

madmatt dolly
27th Feb 2005, 12:50
Dont know what you are talking about NO SPECIFIC information was mentioned or even the speculation of Dubai being a new route sorry if this has offended you but just so happened to mention the named hotel as this is a famous hotel in Dubai but have definatly not even discussed or stated that this is a crew hotel or even going to be a crew hotel . Don't know ne info about this matter so i hope we can put this one to rest !!. Once again i apologise if you believe that this is in some way connected to HOTAC operations of Virgin because all the previous info mentioned has no relevance to the current operations.

Virgin Boi
28th Feb 2005, 17:45
2005 new routes are as follows...

---

Havana in July - Twice weekly. 3 night stop for the crew.

Nassau in July - Weekly. 3 night stop for the crew.

Mumbai (excuse my spelling) in March - 3 x weekly. 2 and 3 night stops for the crew.

Increase in Delhi from 3 x weekly to daily started in Feb. Now down to 1 night stop for the crew. HARD work. :(

---

Sydney started last year and is a 9 day trip.