PDA

View Full Version : Boeing 767-300ER heading your way.

Otterman
26th Feb 2005, 09:00
Hello,

I lived in Canada for about twelve years (back in the late seventies to late eighties), before getting a job back in the Netherlands flying for KLM. At the moment I am a captain on our Boeing 767-300ER fleet. Starting in the summer of this year (2005) our 767’s will be heading for the exit and will be replaced by a mix of Boeing 777-200ER and Airbus A330-200’s.

Our company told us that the first 767 will be going in the month of June and is headed for a Canadian charter company followed by more aircraft. These 767 are all relatively new, having been in our fleet since 1995, through a lease contract from ILFC. We have a total of 12 of these aircraft. I don’t think they are all going to the same outfit, but would like to know, from an interest point of view, who is going to get these aircraft.

Regards, O.

Rollingthunder
26th Feb 2005, 10:09
Well, not sure if it's these aircraft, but Air Canada is getting 6 this year.

Left Coaster
26th Feb 2005, 12:07
But last I looked AC was not a Charter Company. Maybe Skyservice, Zoom, and there was a rumour a while bcak that HARMONY was in that market...Hmmmmm:suspect:

FMS Guide
26th Feb 2005, 12:07
Not 100% sure, but I believe Skyservice is looking at picking up two 767's for the summer.

FMS

grippen
26th Feb 2005, 13:10
Let's not forget Sunwing

Cyow
26th Feb 2005, 14:48
Zoom Zoom , Zoom Zoom

CGTSN
26th Feb 2005, 15:05
Zoom http://www.flyzoom.com is getting theirs 767 from KL.
And they will hire for this summer more cabin crew and pilots as what my friend told me.

5G http://www.skyservice.com is getting theirs from their sisters companies First Choice and My Travel UK.

;)

Cyow
26th Feb 2005, 17:24
CGTSN

You speak the truth, brother.

CGTSN
26th Feb 2005, 21:53
Btw, it's sista ;)

5G is supposing to get their 767's this summer since they will start new routes in the eastern european countries and Russia.

TLV destination has been stopped ( they used to do it last summer through DUB stop) on their 757's and Morocco has been transfered to Royal Air Maroc out of YUL.

As for sunwings, they weren't able to start their airline as per say, so they had to wet lease from Harmony a b-757's and are using 5G crew to operate their flights with their own inflight service standards. Maybe you have seen in YYZ this hybrid bird with the orange tail with sunwings title on it and the fwd section of the white fuselage with 5G on it.

Zoom wet leased a 737-8 from Excel UK with half british crew/ half canadian to operate flights to the Carribean since they didn't receive on time their 767-2 which was still under C-CHK while the winter season kicked in. The KL 767-3 should get in May.

Zoom will fly twice a week to CDG ( Friday /Monday) and once a week LGW (Saturday).

Also, starting May '05 Zoom will fly to CDG all yr long. And in the winter months, flights to CDG will be once a week.

Harmony also showed an interest in the 767's and there are opening positions for 767 / 757 pilots. YVR base :

------------------------
Pilot (Vancouver)

Harmony Airways is growing! We anticipate continuous employment opportunities for pilots in 2004 & 2005. Harmony Airways encourages pilots who meet the minimum criteria to apply to be part of Vancouver’s newest airline.

Harmony Airways encourages pilots who have already applied to update their resume every six months so that we have the most current contact information and flying credentials.

Candidates should have a minimum:

5000 hrs Total Flying Time
1000 hrs Turbo Jet Time on a Transport Canada 705 Operation
Hold a valid Canadian ATPL
Hold a valid Canadian Passport
Must be able to work in Canada
Hold a valid Instrument Rating
Pilots must be able to obtain an airport restricted area pass

Preference will be given to pilots who already have a B757/ B767 and B737-NG type endorsement.

Applicants must have strong interpersonal and communication skills and be able to work together with our cabin crew to ensure the safety and comfort of Harmony Airways’ passengers.

If you are interested in applying, please forward a resume along with copies of ATPL, Medical Certificate and Passport to:
Email: [email protected]
Fax: 1-604-270-2113
Mail: Harmony Airways, Inc.
P.O. Box 32436
Vancouver Airport, Terminal Bldg
Richmond B.C.
Canada, V7B 1W2

Only suitable applicants will be contacted. Respectfully, NO phone calls or drop-ins please
-------------------

MarkD
27th Feb 2005, 03:48
Where are AC's 767s coming from? Any word on more 340s?

CGTSN
27th Feb 2005, 15:13
Taken from yyznews.com :

Skyservice Airlines (5G/SSV) a)....Transport Minister Jean-C. Lapierre announced the designation of Skyservice Airlines Inc. to operate scheduled international air service between Canada and Russia using its own aircraft. Skyservice currently holds a non-scheduled international licence for the operation of charter services. The designation was made possible by a modification to Canada's international air transportation policy, announced May 21, 2002. This change allows all Canadian air carriers to apply to the Minister of Transport for designation to operate scheduled international air services. In February 2004 Canada and Russia agreed to an expanded bilateral air transport agreement that allows their respective airlines to offer increased services between the two countries and to other destinations. Skyservice plans to operate year-round flights between Toronto and Moscow, three times per week beginning in the spring of 2005. The airline is also shopping for at least two Boeing 767s to operate this service and other trans-atlantic charter routes. The last Airbus A330 is still out on lease and will not be returning to Canadian service this year.

PJ_Slick
28th Feb 2005, 02:18
Air Canada's 767 were already theirs, they were mothballed in the desert and brought back on line. I don't know about the Airbus info though.

Lost in Saigon
1st Mar 2005, 11:38
Only 2 or 3 B767-200's came from the dessert.

Air Canada didn't have any -300's mothballed.

Seems like B767-300's are in demand all over the world.

Maybe Boeing should start building some new ones.

PaperTiger
7th Mar 2005, 20:32
Fairly solid rumour of 2 763s coming from Kenya Airways in June for AC.

b767jetmec
11th Mar 2005, 17:35
Fin 611 and 621 came from the Mojave desert. Both -200`s.

MarkD
12th Mar 2005, 12:18
Otterman, if you're still reading, what are KLM giving you to drive now? :D

Otterman
17th Mar 2005, 13:28
Hello MarkD,

We have 12 Boeing 767-300ER at KLM. The first is leaving the fleet around April, 2005. This one is being replaced by a Boeing 777-200ER (which has already arrived at Schiphol). Starting in August 2005 the Airbus A330-200 will be joining our fleet (had a sim session yesterday, and saw the new Airbus simulator being assembled). We have six firm orders for these Airbuses, and 18 options (some of these will be exercised but not all, is the latest). As the Airbuses come they will replace the Boeing 767’s. This means the second one will leave in August, 2005. The third Boeing 767 will head for the exit in December, 2005. In 2006 we will see 4 machines leave. And in the period January-April, 2007 the last will leave. The last Boeing 767 will be replaced by a mix of Airbuses and Boeing 777-200ER.

Thank you for asking what my next aircraft will be. I expect to leave the Boeing 767-300ER around the last quarter of 2006. It will be a close call whether my seniority will carry me into either the Boeing 747-400 or Boeing 777-200ER fleet (with any growth it should). Pay wise these aircraft are the same within our company. My personal preference goes to the Boeing 777-200ER. Either would be fine, I have close to 10,000 hours on the Boeing 747-300 (as a co-pilot), so the transition would be easy for either. If my seniority comes up just shy, the company can assign me to the Airbus A330-200, they can do this according to our contract for a period of two years before I can bid off the Airbus again. Wouldn’t mind the Airbus, pay is pretty close to the really big fleet, the only thing that I don’t like about our A330’s is the fact that it will not have any crew berths (beds), and some of the sectors are damn long. I am only forty so these are all luxurious problems to have.

Kind regards, O.

MarkD
17th Mar 2005, 17:30
thanks for the detailed reply!

wrenchbender
21st Mar 2005, 03:41
I sure hope Air Canada gets some of those ex-KLM birds. The -200's we reclaimed from the Mojave are causing lots of problems for Maintenance.

Inuksuk
17th Apr 2005, 15:56
Better late than never...but I did only just sign up
:=

The fairly solid rumour of ex-Kenyan 67s making their way to the maple leaf appear very solid, and the timing is accurate, is that'll be when 777s will be on -stream with Kenyan.

Slapshot
17th Apr 2005, 17:33
Here's a photo of Skyservice's newest addition... Don't know if it's the tail you guys are talking about or not... Anyone out here know where it came from?

Cheers.

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=452745
(Skyservice 767)

Inuksuk
17th Apr 2005, 21:34
Hey Otterman

Did you make it to the triple 7 ???

Over here in Maple Leaf land, we're waiting the decision on A340-600 and A350 OR B777/B787.

Couple of A340-500s not received well generally,one a "lemon"...so we'll see what's next, allegedly by June...

Cheers!

MarkD
17th Apr 2005, 21:46
Inuksuk

which of the A345s is not up to snuff - OL or OM? What has been the main problem?

Otterman
19th Apr 2005, 08:55
Hello Inuksuk. Still on the Boeing 767, will be for the next year and a half. Only then will I be considered surplus to production and be allowed to leave for another aircraft. At that time I will be able to give you an accurate answer. Take care, O.

Inuksuk
19th Apr 2005, 12:19
hello MarkD

Well, both have had their trials - I think the technical expression is Friday night specials....:eek:

Most probs now fixed, but the reliability is way below the norm. Pneumatics, hydraulics, FMS software issues, reversers, compressors, washrooms that didn't work, galleys that were u/s mid-way through a HKK haul...

Getting better mind.

I suppose Airbus might have employed technicians from Citroen on this one...

MarkD
19th Apr 2005, 14:22
thanks for the info Inukshuk

Spenda
29th Apr 2005, 18:45
Saw a 767-300 today parked outside FLS aerospace in Manchester. It has Skyservice and Sunquest markings. I think (it was a ways away) the registration was C-GJLJ. The aircraft has been there a few days. Anyone know when it will go into service?

Inuksuk
2nd May 2005, 17:15
Think that 763 is ex-KLM too...should be imminent service introduction

Anyone out there know if Air France are now 767 free ? I suspect they are

PaperTiger
2nd May 2005, 18:22
The Skyservice 767s are both ex-MyTravel.
C-GLMC (G-SJMC) and C-GJJC (G-DAJC) - saves repainting the nosewheel doors :)