Fincastle Results:

Fincastle Competition - RAF

Maintenance Trophy - RAF

Fellowship - RNZAF

Sports - RAAF

Congratulations Rab, 120 Sqn and NLS

TheNightOwl
26th Feb 2005, 03:42
Great news, congratulations to all concerned.

Kind regards,

TheNightOwl.:ok:

Mad_Mark
26th Feb 2005, 05:31
Well done guys :ok: And the Kiwis getting the Fellowship, no surprises there - they probably purple-deathed the judges :D

MadMark!!! :mad:

FJJP
26th Feb 2005, 07:27
The most professional in the world.

QED.

Well done guys.

Pop oft now for a cup of tea to celebrate!

buoy15
26th Feb 2005, 07:54
"Could not attend trophy" = CAF

Imagine the next Olympics with only 3 countries which could afford to attend. Would you run with it, or agree to it ?

Hollow victory or what ?

A NATO competition is long overdue!

Jobza Guddun
26th Feb 2005, 08:32
Well done everybody.

Some good news for a change!!.

:ok: :ok: :ok:

monkeytamer
26th Feb 2005, 11:58
Really good news. Good to hear the ASW skills haven't faded yet!
Safe journey back to ISK.

Navaleye
26th Feb 2005, 12:25
Many congrats, well done. Who won the drinking competition afterwards?

FJJP
26th Feb 2005, 14:00
Buoy 15, did you have to? Why not just say congratulations? It wouldn't hurt, or are you one of those who delight in knocking achievement in this country? God knows, there are enough of them out there without you adding to the numbers...

kippermate
26th Feb 2005, 20:01
Well done the big badge Sqn!

kipper

nihil nos effugit!
:D

baffy boy
26th Feb 2005, 21:56
Congrats 120 and NLS, done it again!
I was going to say something to buoy 15 but it's not worth it.

Strato Q
26th Feb 2005, 22:58
A NATO competition is long overdue!

It would never match up, and why should the Aussies and Kiwis be shut out. In these days of major upgrade programmes and penny pinching there will be times when countries can not attend, that does not mean we need to scrap the whole competition.

We have more in common with the fellow Fincastlers than any of our Nato partners. The Fincastle Committee are taking it forward and developing the competition, it will never be a purely ASW competition again but will encompass more of the roles of an ISR platform.

Well done again to 120 Sqn.

stralya
27th Feb 2005, 10:04
Well done William of Coastal Command and 1/CXX- it must have been quite a job keeping the blond boy in line!

CU soon

p.s enjoying the sun

Radar Riser
27th Feb 2005, 15:54
Well done boys on winning the double:ok:

An away win is so much more sweet;)

RR

difar69
1st Mar 2005, 20:45
Stralya, thanks for the kind words. I hope my old mate flanners is enjoying his 2nd trip out in the sun. The crew are rightly very proud of their achievements. I'll let you guys see the trophy when you're back home.

Fly safe.

Dave Allen
2nd Mar 2005, 07:15
Well done everyone. See you all back at ISK for a beer or 2!

Charlie Luncher
2nd Mar 2005, 07:49
Well done boys

I shall have great fun at the expense of the 11 sqn lead wet, you would think by now he would know what he is doing. The question is who won the boxing for I know who came second:ouch:

B15 would you get between me and the chance of a decent beer - if so I comin for ya :suspect:

Did anyone see Four Bellies of Maritime smile or was it just wind??:eek:
Charlie sends

Dave Allen
2nd Mar 2005, 16:42
Charlie....drop me an email with the story; sounds like great party!

Davey A

ctj
4th Mar 2005, 01:34
Congrats to all!!! See you back in the uk sometime:O

fergineer
4th Mar 2005, 02:52
Well done guys......glad it was my old squadron that done it.......couldnt make it was doing a boat skippers course hope the trip back was long and enjoyable with plenty of nice places to stop at............once again congrats

reynoldsno1
4th Mar 2005, 06:31
Hope you all enjoyed your time at Whenuapai - it will probably be the last time you see it.... congrats too, even if you are an anagram of THE ISK squadron

circle kay
6th Mar 2005, 10:17
Well done to NLS and the green and yellow.
reynoldsno1 are 5 Sqn moving soon? I'm told Hobsonvill has gone now, is Mrs Clark selling off Whenuapai too? Last time the Mighty Hunter was there in 96 the boys were told they'd be the last Nimrods in Auckland. Hope its just as true now.
C K

Strato Q
7th Mar 2005, 09:28
Whenuapai is supposed to close, however, 5 Sqn are last to turn out the lights and lock the door, probably not before 2014. Next Kiwi Fincastle due in 2012 on the new timetable. Struggled to get an MR2 in, don't think the MRA4 has got a chance - might have to go down the road to Auckland International.