PDA

View Full Version : Low houred tech crew with Emirates?

scottwarnick
25th Feb 2005, 17:43
With Qatar now accepting applications for expatriate cadet/ second officer positions how likely is it that Emirates will one day have to follow suit?

Is this a result of Qatar having exhausted its supply of Nationals interested in a flying career?

It seems strange to me that an airline that plans to mirror itself on Emirates could chose this route against hiring experienced pilots?

Is it true Emirates have started to welcome applications from other GCC nationals or has that always been the case?

Muttley Crew
25th Feb 2005, 18:17
WTF (http://www.barbneal.com/wav/uncat/mutlylaf.wav) is "tech crew"........

Are you an engineer or something??? Mechanic?

Believe Brother
26th Feb 2005, 02:16
'Tech Crew' is the term many airlines use to refer to their flight deck crew.

I don't have an answer to the question posed on this thread, but it would make financial sense to have second officers, especially if time to command increases significantly (which it will, see other threads). The big problem is, EK would then have to make the graduating cadets S/O's, just like CX and so on. On numerous occasions, I have heard nationals say that there is just no way that a cadet will be used as an S/O. At some point, the cost pressure may overcome the 'ego' pressure, but I still suspect that is a long way off.